Chapter 10 - Busted Tip

Another day in the organization was just a mundane day for Amber Turner. She looked bored out of her mind, her eyes showed the signs of it drooping, she was so tired from last night, training yet again with an agent who was twice her size. Though she sized him up really well, she underestimated the impact and force he executed on her when he slammed her on her back to the ground, sending her into the infirmary. Thankfully it wasn't hard to the point he cracked her skull open but the impact did leave some sort of concussion on her. She was instructed to rest but what was rest to the teenage girl when she had responsibilities plating her already filled back?

Especially trying to not let her father down was the biggest challenge of all. She was reminded constantly of how she screwed up and let a runaway mutant just escape from her grasp. The mutant received help too which only pissed the girl off even more. As that roamed her mind more than she needed, she was buried in her work, looking around the information concluding the case of the Strucker family and the mutants. Trying to memorize the criminals information one by one was driving herself crazy. "Manipulation? And this is all they got?" she sighs, letting go of the paper she read on her table, gripping her temples to stop the migraine that creeped her head. She sighs for what was the umpteenth time ever since she was in her office. She zones out, thinking of what to do. Her eyes travel to the unattended phone sitting on the corner of her table, facing down.

Her hands gripped her phone instantly, she immediately opened her social media, wondering what her friends were doing while she was cooped up inside the organization under lockdown. She smiles watching them living their best lives, missing them even more. Alexis and Nancy also left video messages any chance they get in her direct messages saying they miss her more than anything. The love she received from them made her emotional. If she was just a normal teenager for once, she wouldn't have to miss them this much, but not every person gets what they want now do they?

As she scrolls and answers all of her friends, she wonders if it was okay to take the time off to meet her two friends. As she contemplates, she opens her messages, seeing her groupchat with her friends being spammed on the top. She lets her phone load their messages first before opening and reading, finding joy and laughing to herself reading their antics. Oh, how she actually truly missed them. As she scrolled through the messages one by one, a message that caught her eye was left by them that was to indicate to the girl to hang out with them at their usual place in the cafe. Her dilemma grew slightly, having she was in need of a place to get away after everything that transpired between herself and her father.

After the last visit with her dad in the office, the last thing she ever needed was to be around the man and so she quickly made up her mind to meet with her friends, grabbing every essential and important assets onto her hands, draping her vacant jacket hanging from her office chair into her arms and grabbed her purse before shoving everything from her hand inside the item. Her next mission: finding Izzy and getting to make sure she has a solid alibi to lie in order to slip out of the organization undetected. She immediately leaves her office and her mind knows where the older guy could be in the organization's facility, which was why she made a beeline to the one place that is his safe haven and sanctuary.

___

A knock on the door surprises the older guy as he was paying attention to his show. "Leave me alone, it's my day off!" He shouts from his little chair and table setup. "Izrael Petterson! Open this damn door." Amber shouts from the other side of the door. His eyes widened in surprise before standing up immediately to get to his door, opening to see Amber standing there with her arms crossed to her chest. "You, me, talk inside." She sharply says before walking into his room without another word. His mind was trying to find reasons as to why the girl is suddenly in her work mode, something that should not be messed with.