Special Chapter - Surprise Birthdays

It was a typical afternoon in the Sentinel Service offices and Amber was doing her office work of the day, collecting evidence and making reports of the latest busts of mutant fugitives in the outer states. Though this was her usual routine that she falls to every single day, she was tired and bored. Yawning, she grabs her mug and drinks only to come up empty, which she internally rages because her coffee fix was finished not even half way through the day.

She sighs with displeasure before leaving her very comfortable chair and bringing her coffee mug with her, out of the office and went on a single mission to refill her coffee. This was only the first cup of coffee she was having today and she wasn't thrilled to be doing anything special other than finishing up the ever growing pile of paperwork and lack of information done by others.

Despite her stoic image, people around her were whispering and looking at her direction with curious eyes and giggles somehow. Does she have a clue what was happening around her? No, absolutely not. She continued her stroll to the cafeteria but on her way there, the lights that was leading up to the cafeteria hallway were closed, which gave her a sense of dread. 'Hopefully it's just a lightbulb situation.' She thought as she continued to walk.

Seeing the cafeteria label, she smiles slightly to herself and walks into the cafeteria only for the lights to be switched off and it was pitch black. It was unusually dark and she switches it on and-

"SURPRISE!" Whistleblowers and sparkles flew and rained in on the cafeteria place.

Amber turned to look at the people familiar to her with surprise look on her face. "What?"

"It's your birthday doofus! Get here!" Alexis motions with a grin on her face as she was decorated with sparkles on her hair, a cute bear ears headband resting neatly on her hair. Amber chuckles in amusement seeing the ruckus and approaches them with a huge smile on her face. "Gosh, I completely forgot it's my birthday today of all days." She shakes her head in amusement.

This made her other friend smack her. "Really Amber? Forgetting one of your best birthday party bashes ever?" Nancy remarks with mischief in her tone. Her father was watching the three girls interact with a smile on his face before clearing his throat to make himself known. "Alright ladies. Go on. Give her the cake and pizza." The two girls wasted no time in running to get their snacks and cakes and presented it to her. 

"Happy birthday doofus. You're a year older and still stubborn as ever." Alexis comments with a grin and Nancy just shakes her head in amusement from her friends antics. 

"Go on, make a wish." Nancy gestures to Amber.

She looks between Alexis, Nancy and her father before looking at the lighted cake, closing her eyes and wished in her heart for something before opening them again and blowing the candle.

"I'll let you girls enjoy yourselves for the day, especially you my dear. The reports off for today. I'll send them over to Izzy." It was times like these she was grateful to her father and she nods. As she watches her father leave, she looks between her two friends and squeal in excitement before they start chattering and eating just like old times sake.

That was her birthday surprise and wish, to have things be back to normal without stressing over the mutants for just a moment.

___

A/N:
Hey lovelys!

It's been a while since I last posted any chapters regarding to this book but as a special gift because I miss this and since this book has been receiving lots of love by everyone, I wanted to drop in a special chapter to cure everyone's loneliness without a new update.

It's quite short but I enjoyed making it nonetheless. I hope everybody enjoys the little extra chapter for Amber Turner. I love you and miss you readers so much.

Hopefully to see each other in the next chapter <3