II. Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

Chapter 2

+

"Would you stop poking me? I'm injured not dead."

+

All Holly wanted to do was see Matt. 

The night Matt walked Holly home, from the moment she entered her apartment she was on cloud nine. She couldn't stop smiling-something that although was common for her, was much harder to get rid of now, and was swooning over her brothers best friend like an idiot in a rom-com.

Mr. James moved his head up in the direction of Holly as she cleaned off the tools next to his bed. Christmas music played softly from the TV in his room as he turned the volume down to speak with her. 

"I never knew needles could bring a person such joy." Mr. James said, making Holly wipe the smile off her face as she peered up at him. "Don't get me wrong, I love your smile, but your starting to scare me." 

She gave a small snark. "Sorry- I'm just in a really good mood." She looked back down at the tools in front of her. 

Mr. James had a grin wipe across his face. "If I was mistaken I would think you had a boy on your mind." He gave suggestive look as Holly looked over at her. "Are you cheating on me Holly Nelson?"

Holly smiled down at the floor as she collected the tools she needed- her stethoscope, the blood pressure cuff, and her butterfly needles. "I am not cheating on you, don't worry." She furrowed her brows at him. "Last I heard though there's another woman with your last name. Would I be wrong to assume your cheating on me?"

Mr. James shook his head as he looked away jokingly. "No, never." Holly laughed at his remark as she took his blood pressure. "But really, are you going to tell me why you've been smiling like a maniac or am I going to hear about it on the news?"

She looked at the numbers before writing them down on the clipboard in her lap. "It's a boy."

Mr. James let out a dramatic groan as he fell back into his seat. "Holly, your too good for any of these men in the world." He shook his head. "Don't waste your time with guys who can't even see your potential." 

Oh Mr. James, I'm wasting my time on a guy who can't see anything.

"You sound just like my father." She placed the stethoscope up to his chest, listening to his heartbeat. He scoffed before he spoke. 

"Your father sounds like a smart man." He said as he took one large deep breath as she moved from one side of his chest to the other. "So who is this mystery guy?"

Holly pulled back, taking the stethoscope from her ears as she reached down for the clipboard. "His name is Matt. But it's not anything special, I just asked him if he wanted to come over tonight and watch a movie." She wrote down all the information she needed on the clipboard. "He hasn't even texted me so If I'm being honest he probably won't come." She shrugged. 

"Here's a bit of information from a guy, we don't respond until the last minute." He let out an irritated gruff. "When I was dating my wife, I would ignore her calls for hours. But the hour before we had plans, I would pick up." 

Holly furrowed her brows and cocked her head. "Why?"

"Because men are a bunch of stuck up dicks." Holly bursted out in laughter. "Pardon my language, but it's true." Holly began to clean his arm off as she prepared to take his blood.