X. Catholic Sleepover Rules

A/N- The fact that someone private messaged me and told me Holly reminded them of Steven Grant from Moonknight and that they considered Holly to be their new comfort character seriously made me cry. You all are so sweet, I can't even.

I am back again with a new chapter! Sorry in advance for how long this is (almost 6,000 words) I just had a lot to unfold in this lol. 

Please don't hesitate to leave feedback and comments, I absolutely love them :)

Without further ado, enjoy chapter ten!

(Ps. I couldn't find a gif that was under 3.0 MB, but I will try and find one!)

Chapter 10

+

"You feel weak when you ask for help because you're supposed to be The Devil Of Hell's Kitchen, this strong, independent, badass guy who doesn't share the slightest bit of human emotion. But under that black suit you're still Matt Murdock."

+

Ever since Matt finally let go around Holly four days ago, she was worried for him.

She wondered if her nervousness was becoming exaggerated. Maybe she had no reason to be nervous? After all, he had been doing whatever the hell you call running around New York like a Russian gymnast for a few years now and he hadn't managed to get himself killed just yet.

Keyword: Yet.

After all, though, they weren't a couple and he wasn't hers to worry about.

Or is he?

He isn't Holly, he isn't yours to worry about.

Holly sketched slowly in the same spot, the red colored pencil creating small flakes of red that were being dragged down the paper and onto her lap.

But maybe he is?

"No," Holly mumbles to herself, making Matt's head peak up in her direction.

"No?" Matt questioned. His hands were still placed over the braille lettering that was on the paper in front of him. His hair was messy and his eyes were bare, released from the capture of his glasses that usually rounded his face like a red stop light.

"Sorry, I was just talking to myself." Holly shook her head and nervously smiled. "I was just saying no to this sketch. I don't like it."

She ripped the large page from the book, balling it up and placing it next to her before she got to work on a new sketch. Or in other words, a new suit.

Holly wished there was a number that you could call to order a badass costume. Superhero amazon would be such a great idea right about now; she wondered if Tony Stark had ever thought about pitching that idea; but either way, right now she was in her mess. Her superhero dilemma.

"How do you feel about a cape?" Holly questioned, holding a sketchbook against her knees that were curled up to her chest.

Matt lightly chuckled, continuing to lean forward on his couch as he ran his hands over the braille words in front of him. Ever since the explosion four days ago, he had been more determined than ever to find Fisk and expose what he had been doing to those in Hell's Kitchen. Holly saw this as a good time to find a suit, for the sake of Matt's body and her peace of mind.