III. Bloody man

Chapter 3

+

"When I said you can stop by I meant use the front door, not my window." 

+

In hindsight, maybe the decision Holly made wasn't the best. 

She was crouched over a man, holding medical tools in her hands as she stitched and prodded at every part of his body-all while ELF played in the background and kept her ears busy. 

She swallows as she stitches up one of the last open wounds on Matt's body, the feeling of wanting to vomit after a hangover coming up in her throat-Not because she wasn't used to blood-but because the man who was bleeding just so happened to be her brothers best friend. 

And a masked vigilante. A fucking masked vigilante.

Holly leans back on her knees, looking over the rest of his body to make sure she hadn't missed any open spots. 

This is definitely not the way I would image seeing you shirtless for the first time. 

She looks over, glass is covering her floor like icicles-the same ones that are about ready to form inside of her apartment with the amount of snow that is covering the ledge leading outside. Blood leaves an unwanted red splatter on her carpet-that same blood covering her gloved hands and clothes. 

Holly's phone buzzes, and as she looks over she sees Foggy's name plastered across her screen. 

Foggy: Hey sis. I know Matt got your number today so I was just wondering if you where with him? I went to drop off his gift at his place and he wasn't there. 

Holly puts her phone down, looking over to the man who is lying flat on her carpet. Her phone buzzes again as she looks at the screen. 

Foggy: Also, Merry Christmas you workaholic. 

Despite the situation literally lying in front of her, Holly still manages to peak out a small smile. She goes to reply when Matt's hand reaches up and stops her. Holly's breathing hitches as she swears her heart stops. 

"Jesus...you need to stop doing that." She starts as she rips her arm from his grasp.  Bile rises in the back of Holly's throat, God she is so in shock right now she feels like she is going to vomit on the man in front of her. 

Matt adjusts himself on the couch that Holly had somehow managed to lift him onto. "Sorry, I just...I'm not used to this happening." 

"And you think I am?" Holly questions, taking her gloves as she tosses them into the small trash can she had pulled to her side. "When I said you can stop by I meant use the front door, not my window." 

"Believe me, this wasn't supposed to happen." He groans, trying to move his legs from the couch as Holly puts her hands out in front of him in case he falls. "I need to go, the Russians are probably looking for me and I don't want them getting drawn here." 

Holly's voice is more audible as a gulp then it is a ghost of a meek voice. "The Russians? What do you mean the Russians?"

"I can't explain." He says as Holly pushes him back down to the couch. "Holly-"

"No." She shakes her head. "Don't get mad at me, your the one who broke through my window and started bleeding half to death on my floor." She motioned her hand to the window. "Your not leaving until I get some form of explanation to what the fuck just happened, and until I know your not gonna pass out from a lack of blood supply."