Day one.

~ ❦ ~

The last few days of my summer came and went with Taehyung never calling me.

I won't lie and say I wasn't hoping he would but I honestly wasn't expecting anything out of it. It's whatever because now I have other things to keep me busy, like school.

Finally it was my senior year of Highschool, and I can't wait to just finish this year in peace.

"Rena!! Get up!"

My mom yelled in a death threatening tone as it practically echoed throughout the whole house. How is she down stairs and yet still manages to blow my eardrums out. I sluggishly remove myself from the bed and into my bathroom.

Turning the knob on the shower, I strip down and walk in, allowing the warm water to trickle down my tensed body.

After washing, rinsing, and drying my body, I put on a casual outfit before brushing my teeth and walking out the bathroom. "Rena! Come on and get down here before your breakfast gets cold!" She calls to me again and I swear I almost scowl.

I quickly take the curlers out of my black hair, looking in the mirror once more. "Mm.. I look good today" I say aloud to no one in particular before grabbing my backpack and walking down stairs. My mother was standing in the kitchen taking her apron off as I made my way to the bottom of the stairs.

"Morning mom" I say before kissing her on the cheek. I then sat down, finally noticing the food that smelled hypnotizingly amazing.

"Good morning, sorry for the yelling, I couldn't tell if you were awake or not"

I roll my eyes at her statement, and rest my arms on the counter. "Why didn you just come and check then, my dearest mother?" I question sarcastically. She narrows her eyes at me and crosses her arms also, mimicking my actions. I guess you can say this is normal for us. We love to joke around a lot, that's just how our relationship is.

My father left before I was born. Actually, he just left as soon as he found out my mom was pregnant with me. I sometimes wonder how she got caught up with a dick face like that. So for me, he was always out of the picture.

She shrugged. "I didn't feel like it. My dearest daughter" She says back equally as sarcastically. I couldn't ask for a better mom.

I copy her shrug. "Sure sure, be lazy all you want"

"Hey! I'm not lazy. I just-" She trails off, trying to form the right words. "Lets just say, I don't like doing things that are unnecessary" She l concludes whilst shrugging her shoulders and gingerly placing a decent sized portion of the food she had made onto my plate.

I laugh and hurriedly fill my mouth with food. Being late to school is not an option for me. I've already gotten multiple amounts of tardy slips. I don't do it on purpose, I'm just not a morning person.

"Alright mom, I'm about to head out" I say while grabbing my backpack and gulping down the last of my orange juice.

"Forgetting something?"

I looked up at mom as she held up my phone, dangling it from her hand. At this rate she's going to drop it. I go to reach for it when she suddenly pulls her hand away before I could.

My mother smirks deviously. "You have to give me a hug first"

I huff begrudgingly as I walk over to my mom, bringing her into my embrace. "I love you sweetie" She says in my ear when tightly wrapping her arms around me. I couldn't help but smile, I mean she says this every time I leave but I still feel all warm and fuzzy every time.