pinky swear

for most siblings, getting along might be a task that isn't...quite easy, lucky for you, not your case.

since your brother was born, you swore to protect him all his life, no matter the cost. at the short age of 3 you knew you loved the little bean. safe to say you'd do anything for him.

well...maybe not anything.

long ago, when he saw steve taking an interest in you, he made you pinky swear you'd never "mess" (as he called it) with his friends. easy enough right? i mean, steve was quite literally his only older friend, that was, until his freshman year of high school.

"sure dusty, i pinky swear i'll never ever EVER 'mess' with your friends." you roll your eyes at the 13-year-old.
"okay. and i'll take your word." he answered, sealing the pact with his pinky.

fast forward two years later, you found yourself staring at your brother's table during lunch. you were glad he had found a place to belong in, along with mike and lucas...but that wasn't why you were staring at his lunch table.

long haired metal-head, super senior, d&d leader. ring any bells?

you'd obviously never try anything because, guess what? dustin made you swear. and sure it had happened way long ago but you knew he remembered. 

"will you stop staring at eddie and just go talk to him for once?" robin, your friend, brings you out of trance.
"wasn't staring..." you mumble.
she shots you an unconvinced look, before speaking again about whatever homework mrs. holland had sent.

the bell rings and soon after, the cafeteria is almost empty. with the exception of the hellfire club. you begin picking up your trash and walking towards your next class when your brother calls your name.

"hey, i gotta ask you something..." he starts.
you simply nod, letting him continue. "you know how mom's out of town? visiting grandma?" he asks.
"yes, why?" you ask back, stretching the vowels in your sentence.
"do you think we could have like a...teeny tiny gathering at home?" he asks, making his voice slightly higher, glancing at the people in the table behind him.
"don't you guys see each other like, all the time?" you try to whisper, making sure the expectant guys in the table nearly 5 feet away from you don't hear.
"yeah, but this is different! we're not gonna play d&d, there's this new movie, really cool, and jeff's got it on cassette and we just wanna watch it!" he excitedly states.

i mean, how could anyone say no? when your little brother was expectantly waiting for your response with a look that says 'pretty pleaseeee'.

"fine. but i want you to clean up the house afterwards and everyone goes home by 12, got it?" you menacingly point your finger towards the boy.
"yes! i promise! thank you so much i love you bye!" he hurriedly finishes your conversation as he goes back to the group to tell them the good news.

as you're about to leave you catch the glance of someone, he was smiling slightly, dimples on full display. oh geez, it didn't cross your mind that he would be at your house...

the day goes by rather quickly, it was a friday and people seemed eager to go to whatever parties they were gonna go. you on the other hand? you'd be stuck at home, probably watching out that 7 guys, ages 15 through 20, won't wreck the place you call home.

as they all start arriving, you decide you'd go to your room, so their 'teeny tiny gathering' goes by uninterrupted. that is, until you get hungry.