1NE, 001 : "𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐫."

𝑴𝑰𝑲𝑬𝑰𝑳𝑨 𝑨𝑼𝑹𝑨𝑰𝑵𝑨 𝑹𝑰𝑪𝑪𝑰

"COME ON KEILA, PICK OUT YOUR ROOM!" Mom shouted inside of her room and I groaned in response silently then looked down the short hallway. I recently moved to the River Tower Parks from my old complex that was located in Courtland, my parents split up due to differences in their relationship and I decided to stay with mom because me and dad doesn't really have the dream daughter and father relationship that almost every kid has.

I opened the door, revealing a small room but it was bigger compared to my old room back in Courtland, I sighed just by looking at the stripping paint on the walls and I hated how outdated the walls looked. "Ma! Ma! My walls are stripping can we please stop by the paint store tomorrow!" I shouted. "Sure! Mines are stripping too." She shouted back. I sat my big black jansport backpack down next to the doorway, I walked around the room and staring at the tiny cracks in the walls.

I heard that this apartment used to be a trap house where all the YGz would be here and giving narcotics to the smaller children so they could sell it to the community because they knew the police wouldn't suspect the kids of selling drugs, I heard mom horror scream and I quickly ran out to see what was happening. "It's a rat! Mikeila help!" She screamed in terror, it wasn't even a rat it was just a mouse, I walked out to grab a broom from the closet located next to the front door.

I slid opened the door and I continued to hear mom screaming her lungs out, i huffed and returned back to the room and started to tussle with the mouse with my broom. "Open the window mom!" I instructed her and she shuffled to the window then slid it open. I was done with the broom and I just dropped it on the floor then grabbed it by it's tail and chucked it out the window, mom looked at it as it fell down.

I shut the window, "anymore rats that I need to take care of mother?" I said sarcastically making mom chuckle, "girl bye you good for now. But make sure to open the door when the people come."

Mom left the room leaving me confused about what she meant about 'the people', what could she possibly be talking about but maybe it's just furniture movers, I heard shuffling outside the door and whispers, "ma, who's at the door?" I asked her. "I don't know, go check." She replied back as she was sitting down onto the couch, I smacked my lips then proceeded to the door and I listened closer in the door and heard a high pitched voice. "Go Bando! You helpin them out not me!" The male voice whispered yelling, I stopped tuning into the conversation and swung open the door making them flinch.

"What are y'all doing here?" I asked the two, they looked at each other like they was asking each other for help on what to reply with. "Helloo? I'm waiting." I got impatient. "We here to help you." The older boy cleared his throat. "What's your name?" I asked him. "Mikeila let them boys in, they here to help us move." Mom scolded me and I rolled my eyes in return but she didn't catch me.