☁PROLOGUE☁

Far in the mountains, there was a thriving village. Not a village of man, mind you, but of the sort that could change their forms.

Skin Changers.

Our story focuses on a family closer to the forest than most. A family that has always been carefree and full of energy. A family of skin changers that could change their shape into a bird.

My dear Frodo, this is the story of your Cousin Inanna and her family.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

The sounds of carefree laughter filled the mountains where they lived. Outside a small home just big enough for the family, there were three children playing. A girl and two boys.

They ran around, playing tag with each other with the sound of their father chopping wood sounded in the background behind them. The girl stopped to breathe while gazing around before shrieking with laughter when one of her younger brothers caught up to her.

"Tag Inanna, you're it!"
She giggled and scrunched her nose as both her brothers took off away from her, "No fair, Iva! I was resting!"

Inanna's other brother, Zu, only turned around to stick his tongue out at her before he turned back around to watch where he was running. She burst out laughing and began to chase after them again. Her brothers broke the tree line near their house and disappeared from view and Inanna skid to a stop, scared. Her mother would be furious with the three when she learned that Inanna let the boys go beyond the lines of their property.

"Iva! Zu! Stop and come back!" She screamed as she gripped her skirt in a fist, "We are not supposed to go past the trees!"

A second of silence, and then a scream pierced the air.