68. Trust and Loyalty

Pika, Llade, and Hexa were in a bit of a pinch.

As far as Pika was concerned, it was fending off a squadron of Team Omega grunts, until Llade interrupted by grabbing it and whisking them away. And so, here they are, in the middle of some random forest (Arceus knows where they actually are) which Pika hoped was close to Axel. The last time Llade teleported away, it took a few months for it to find Axel, and Pika was surely not looking forward to a wild Axel hunt over the continent.

Llade insisted that they protect Hexa, which was apparently Axel's orders. Pika did not like it one bit. It would rather go back and help Axel, who had a knack for getting himself into trouble.

And talking about trouble, Llade claimed that it couldn't sense Axel's presence anymore, whatever that meant. Simply put, chances are that things are not looking good for Axel. Hexa decided to trust Llade's instinct as it might be an extension of a Gardevoir's innate ability to sense emotions.

As of now, the normal group was split into three:

1. There was Luna, who was shoved off a cliff by Axel. Gogo, Aburi and Yako were sent after her, so it was safe to assume that they were together.
2. Pika, Llade, and Hexa were teleported away upon Axel's order, with their current mission being to protect Hexa, a Zygarde core also named Z2.
3. And lastly, Axel himself, left behind with Froxel, who should be fighting off their enemies— Team Omega grunts trying to capture Hexa.

Axel gave Llade his phone before sending them off, so they decided to use it to call Luna to regroup and discuss the current situation. Luna told them to stay put, and that she'll find them using a location tracker linked to Axel's phone.

Only that, someone else had found them before she did.

"We've got them cornered," one of the Omega grunts snickered as he spoke into his mouthpiece.

Pika growled as it stood back to back with Llade, each keeping an eye on Hexa.

"Can you teleport us out of here?" Pika asked, its cheeks crackling with electricity.

"No, I still haven't gotten a hang of long distance teleportation yet, let alone in large groups. For now, our best chances are to stay together and hold out until Luna comes by," Llade shook its head.

"She's right. We can't outrun them as well. It'll just waste our energy." Hexa agreed, eyeing the group of 3 Houndoom pacing around them.

"Well, we just gotta fight them off, then!" Pika said decisively, leaping at a nearby Houndoom with an Iron Tail, sending it crashing into a tree. Llade reached out its hands as its eyes glowed pink. A pink glow outlined the other two Houndoom. Swishing its arms, Llade threw the two Pokémon to the ground with Psychic. Pika's cheeks crackled as it curled up, discharging a powerful surge of electricity which shocked all three of their enemies at once.

Growling, the Houndoom shook off the damage and lunged at Pika with a fiery Fire Fang, to which Llade blocked with a Moonblast straight to the face.

The Omega grunts grinned as they aimed a cannon at an unguarded Hexa. Llade whirled around and threw itself in front of the Zygarde Core, blocking the electric net meant for it.

"Llade!" Pika shouted as the high voltage net shocked Llade out of commission.

"Kid! Focus! Behind you!" Hexa warned as a Houndoom attacked Pika with a Dark Pulse. Unable to dodge, Pika took the hit, and was thrashed around by another Flamethrower and a Crunch from the other two Houndoom.

Hexa hesitated, but it had no choice. It's risky... but... I've got to do this! It'll give out our location to other enemies and weaken me severely, but if Luna is by any chance close by... it'll be our win! Hexa thought as its body glowed green.