81. Legend of X, Y and Z (Part 2)

Before the research quartet parted ways, Professor Sycamore insisted on having a mini party at his lab which everyone happily agreed to. They went through yet another discussion session regarding future plans, and had some happy team bonding time.

By the end, everyone all had fun and was refreshed. Axel in particular got his fill of sweets, which greatly satisfied him.

"You're gonna take part in a Pokémon Showcase again, right?" Bonnie said excitedly, her eyes glimmering.

Luna smiled, "maybe."

"C'mon, c'mon, you've got so much potential in you!" Bonnie nudged her mischievously in an attempt to convince her.

"Are you going to be at the next one? In Aquacorde Town?" Luna asked her, "You have two keys, right? That's one away from the three required to join the master class!"

"Ding ding! So you're been watching my performances huh?" Bonnie said as she tickled her Dedenne, "the next master class season finale is around half a year away, so there's no rush for me! I'll pass on the next one!"

"Half a year..." Luna counted, "That's about the same time as the Lumiose League Conference, isn't it? You'll be really busy!"

"Yeah! I'm gonna work extra hard!"

Axel's ears perked up, "the league's half a year away?!"

"You didn't know?" Kace raised an eyebrow, unimpressed.

"I... didn't check," Axel admitted, noting it down on his phone, "that'll put it close to the next Blood Moon, when Livxey undergoes its full awakening!"

The quartet looked at each other— it seems they'll be really busy around that time.

The next day, Bonnie dragged Kace along with her enthusiastically.

"You're just gonna dump me at one point to attend to your substitute gym leader duties anyways so what's the point?" Kace complained.

"Let's have fun until then!" Bonnie said, giving Kace a slap on the back, "you don't get to travel with a girl often! Treasure the opportunity!"

Kace sighed, "whatever you say. Just don't drag me into some weird shit again."

Luna and Axel realized that Kace had gone through quite a bit as Bonnie laughed it off. After seeing them off, the duo decided to check out the ruins.

The two were reminded of their first meeting as they headed off into Route 4. They sent out Llade and Gardie respectively. Their two Pokémon were overjoyed as they revisited their turf. Gardie found Llade a flower, causing it to giggle.

"You were a mess back then," Luna smirked, "Axew."

"Well, I've come along way, Moony Eyes," Axel replied, "but I guess I do have you to thank for teaching me the basics."

A Fletchling nearby hissed at Axel, narrowing its eyes at him. Giving Axel a glare, it landed on Luna's head, ruffling its feathers proudly.

"That's the same Fletchling you angered that day," Luna pointed out as Axel quickly apologized by tossing it a berry, "it still hasn't forgiven you yet, and is still looking down on you at your pathetic attempt to catch it back then."

Reaching Odyssey Village, they dropped by the boba store in town to get a drink as they walked around leisurely, going through the path of memories.

"That's where you asked me whether I wanted to travel with you, wasn't it?" Luna pointed to a nearby bench.

"I felt bad for you," Axel looked away shyly, "you looked like you needed help." And I was feeling slightly lonely. I wanted someone to be with. You owed me a favour back then so I thought I might have a chance asking you.