My Lover My Enemy?

"Shit Steven are you okay?" Jamila asked as steven stood up and dusted off his clothes.

"Yeah dont worry I'm aces." Steven mumbled. "Although i wish you hadn't seen that." He commented. Jamila chuckled as she looked around the cave.

They saw statues and tombs and carvings on the walls. "Its so beautiful. I've done this plenty of times, but everytime i discover things like this again its like I'm seeing it for the first time again." Jamila spoke.

"I swear if one of them just sprang to life and just gave me a riddle I'd have to answer just to get passage I'd be thrilled. Steven said.

As Jamila looked ahead she realised that there were six pathways. "Oh look its a maze." She told him.

"I know its amazing. " steven commented. "No steven look there are six paths." She pointed to where she was looking.

Steven looked ahead. "Right like six points." He said. "What would they be pointing at?" Jamila asked him.

"This whole structure is a symbol" steven said. Jamila thought about and her eyes shone when she got an answer. "The eye of horus!" She said happily.

"Its gotta be. Look the royal symbol its the protection in the afterlife.

"Ammits final avatar was a pharoah." Jamila told him.

"Whoa a bloody pharoah." Steven said. "So what? You think it's a map?" Jamila asked him.

"Yeah, well... Right. So, the eye of Horus is also the eye of mind, yeah? Representing the six senses, six points. So you got the eyebrow that denotes thoughts. Pupil, sight, obviously. This point here is, uh, hearing. This, smell. Touch. And this long line ending in a spiral is the tongue. The Avatar would be Ammit's voice." Steven explained to her as they both looked down at the map.

"Oh. Heka priests. Judging by their masks and ceremonial stance. They would've been entombed in here to protect the pharaoh." Steven added.

"The heck's a Heka?" Jamila asked him.

"Sorcerers of their time. They've been down here for centuries. These must be some of the unlucky souls who crossed their path. An impressive send-off." Steven explained. As they looked around the cave once more.

"Oh, my God. Oh, God. Is that fresh blood?" Steven asked as blood oozed from the walls. "Isn't that little chunks of meaty bits?" Jamila said in gross horror.

"We should keep moving." Jamila said. "Agreed." Steven said as they both started walking ahead.

"Hold on wait a minute." Steven said as he stopped Jamila from going ahead. "I'm just saying what I see, and I see lots of bones and blood going that way." Steven said

"So I'm just thinking, like, what if there's maybe another.. " steven continued. "Way?" Jamila finished for him.

Steven nodded as Jamila looked around. "Look theres another opening. Do you see that?" Jamila asked him.

Steven followed her eyes and nodded. "Yeah." "Should we check it out?" Jamila asked him. "Alright you go first." Steven told her.

Jamila shook her head as she walked ahead of him. Steven followed her slowly. As they got to the other side Jamila turned around.

"You good?" She asked him. "Yeah." Steven said as he walked ahead of her looking at the ancient texts. "So, according to the ancient texts, Ammit should be bound to an ushabti, statue thingies." Steven informed her.

"It's looking amazing. I mean, this... It looks like a freshly filled canopic jar, and snake skins, and self-regeneration." Steven said getting carried away.