Work, Work, Work

Wakey wakey little cookie." Jamila said as she sat on her knees beside Luna's bed. She shook her slightly. Slowly luna opened her eyes and yawned. "Come on cookie we gotta get you to nursery." She said as luna got out of bed with help from her mother.

Once luna was bathed and had gotten dressed both mother and daughter ate breakfast with luna mainly spilling cereal everywhere. "Oh luna." Jamila said as she quickly cleaned up after the three year old. Luckily for Jamila luna had a towel covering her clothes.

Once Jamila had cleaned up the house. She grabbed luna's hand and they both left the apartment.

They both played the ghost game by giggling and running towards the elevator.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~She parked up her little red car in front of the nursery. But when she looked at the empty building she raised her eyebrow in confusion.

Their were no children in the playground or the usual mums huddled together gossiping about everything and anyone.

Jamila decided to talk to Claire who was the recptionist anyway. She helped luna out of the car and they both made their way into the building.

"Hi Claire. Im here to drop luna off at nursery?" Jamila made it sound like a question. Claire raised her eyebrows at the young woman."The teachers are on strike? No nursery today." Claire said looking up at her confused.

"O-oh right." Jamila said. "We sent the notice out to all parents. Didn't you get the text? You know if you had a husband im sure he would have known. My nephew has become recently single you'd like him." The receptionist said.

"Claire i appreciate that, but I'm a little late for work i gotta go. I'm sorry." Jamila said looking at her watch. She grabbed luna and ran back to her car.

"Atleast give it a think!" Claire yelled after the woman.

Jamila began driving to work. It wasnt unsual for Claire to set up every single mum or dad she set her eyes on. Her recent victim was Jamila. Even though the young woman had told Claire she wasn't interested.

Still atleast Claire was nice and talked to her unlike some of the parents. It was no secret that many of the other parents looked down on her.

Jamila did send luna to a private nursery which was quite posh. It was only because of her uncle Strange though who wanted luna to be in the best school.

If Jamila knew how bitchy the other parents would be she would never have agreed to put luna in a private nursery.

All the other parents tended to have or show the perfect family picture. All coupled up and coming to pick up their babies.

Whenever jamila showed up most of them just looked at her in pity. Then they looked at her hand me down car which felt worse because they would scoff and tell their little kids to stay away from luna.

Yes. Clearly she didnt fit in. She could show them her powers to look cool. But knowing them they'd just call her a freak. She sighed as she arrived at the museum. "Luna please be a good girl for mummy. This is my job okay?"

"Okay." Luna said as she sucked on her dummy (pacifier for you non Brits!). Jamila parked up the car and carried luna into the museum.

As she walked in to see J.b sat at his computer. "Hello Mila." He said. "It's Jamila actually." She replied. "And who's this little one eh?" J.b said. Luna held on tightly to her mother as J.b reached out his hand to ruffle her hair."Luna's going to be attending work with me today. Last minute situation." Jamila explained.

J.b. shook his head and chuckled. "Donna's not gonna like this one." As if the woman heard her name Donna had shown up. She was carrying a box full of sweets and toys.