Reunion ~Xiao~

⚠️Female Reader⚠️

Xiao's POV:

Xiao watched her from the roof. He slightly smiled, it was her. She was back. Xiao just wanted to go up to her, hug and kiss her. But he didn't know if she'd remember him.....

(Flashback:)

3rd POV: 

The archon war lasted a while but it was finally over. Xiao set off looking for his girlfriend. Since you were a part of the war as a soldier for Rex Lapis after making a contract with him. You wielded a pyro vision and were an adepti so it made fighting a bit easier. Yet little did Xiao know your contract with Rex Lapis was official over. As he was looking, he heard your voice however he also heard another voice. One to be recognized as Rex Lapis, Xiao stood behind a broken because of rock and listened closely.

"(Y/n), as you know you're contract-" Rex Lapis said, you cutting him off.

"I know, I just wish it didn't have to be like this. What about Xiao? How will he react to this?" You said, slightly afraid.

"I'll tell him, don't worry," You nodded at his response, waving away the tears in your eyes with your arm.

Xiao stepped out from behind the rock, "Tell me what?"

You looked up in shocked to see him there. He didn't know about your contract with Rex Lapis.

"Xiao..." You said, looking down.

"(Y/n), tell me," He responded, giving a glare to Rex Lapis.

"Xiao- Xiao I made a contract with Rex Lapis."

"You did what now!" Xiao could only give a frustrated response

"My child, she did it for you," Rex Lapis said, answering for you.

"Excuse me? For me? What could you make a damn contract for me," Xiao stated, confused.

"Love, I did it to protect myself. I knew you'd be worried about me the entire time. Which would cause you to get detracted and possibly die. So I asked Rex Lapis if he could protect me the entire war," You said, grabbing his hand.

He was shocked to say the least but there was part of him that was proud of you for doing it.

"W-what is the consequence for it?" He asked you.

Rex Lapis never just had a normal contract even if it was for the love of his life. There's was always an aftermath or consequence following that contract.

"I have to be put in a deep sleep for however long Rex Lapis desires. I get to keep my memories but I won't be able to wake and see you," You replied.

"(Y/n) it's time," Rex Lapis said, you nodded in response.

"Xiao listen, I love you okay. I love you so much. Thank you for everything, just promise me you won't forget about me. Okay?" You said, hugging him closely with tears falling from your cheeks.

"I promise my love. I-I love you too," He responded, kissing your lips for the last time.

Rex Lapis walked over to you as you stepped out of Xiao's loving embrace. He put his hand on your chest and your eyes slowly shut, the last of the tears fell for your (e/c) eyes.

"Goodbye love. Till we met again ," Xiao said, kissing your forehead.

Rex Lapis took you in his arms.

"Where you taking her?" Xiao asked.

"I can't tell child. It is a secret I must not tell you," Rex Lapis said, walking away with you in his arms as Xiao stood and watched as the love of his life was been taken away. The one thing he never thought would happen, has happened. The one person who didn't die or leave him was officially gone.

As years and years pasted and Teyvat grew bigger. People moved in, Liyue grew as well. Some knew about the archon war and it's hero's, some didn't. Xiao told their stories especially yours. The people listened and some grow to be inspired by you. (Hamilton vibes rn) Xiao longed to see you again, he missed your touch and feeling. He watched people old and new, come and go but none of them were you. He still protected Liyue along with his other adepti's. Xiao would go often to met Rex Lapis or Zhongli to ask when she'd wake. But Zhongli never cracked, every attempt was a failure.

(Present day:)

3rd POV:

Zhongli finally wake you up from the contract consequence, he told you about the present day but he never told you about Xiao. Zhongli didn't tell Xiao he'd woken you up, Xiao would have to find out on his own. He brought you to Liyue, but left you to wonder around for yourself so you did. That's when Xiao saw you, it took him a bit to convince himself it was you. But part of him didn't believe it because of how many years it's been. He starred at you wondering around. He slightly smiled seeing you look confused. He wanted to go hug and kiss you but he didn't know if you remembered him. Xiao decided to take a chance anyway. He jumped off the roof and walked behind you, people starred at him.

Xiao took a deep breathe, hoping it was you, "(Y/n)?"

You heard your name being called so you looked around, finally looking behind you. You saw him! The love of your life, Xiao. He opened his arms and smiled at you. You ran into his arms, excited. He picked you up and you wrapped your legs around his waist and started crying into the crook of his neck. Xiao ran his hands through your (h/l) (h/c) hair.

"I missed you so much darling. I love you so much," Xiao said and for the first time you saw him cry.

"I missed you too love! I love you as well," You said, wiping his tears with your thumb even though there was tears in your own eyes.

You smiled brightly, his lips found yours. Xiao kissed you passionately, god he missed your touch. You missed his too. He was finally able to get his pyro adepti back. People around noticed this moment, some recognizing you from Xiao stories and photos the other adepti's had. Others didn't recognize you they just clapped because other people were clapping. From the distance a certain person watching, Rex Lapis aka Zhongli. He smiled at the adepti couple reunited.

"So you finally woke her up," Madam Ping said, putting her hand on his shoulder and smiling at the reunion

"I did," Zhongli replied.

1108 words

(A/n: Heyyyy! I hope y'all enjoyed this one! I really liked the idea. If you have any request, request are open. Thank you for the reads. Hope y'all have an amazing rest of your night/day! Love y'all <3!)