2.13 (End)

The head of the empire pondered for a long time, sighed heavily, and was about to announce the result that excited Carol when the door of the conference room suddenly opened, and a boy covered in blood burst in.

He glanced at Carol coldly, with dried bloodstains still visible in the corners of his eyes. His bright cat-like eyes were as radiant as stars, but their icy coldness immobilized Carol.

Carol deeply understood that he and Gu Yiling would never go back, and that he himself had caused this tragedy!

Gu Yiling threw a chip on the table and said, "Everything you want to know is on here. When you read it, you'll understand how much you wanted Carol to replace Victor as the head of the Mecha Corps. What a foolish decision."

After saying this, Gu Yiling quickly left. Victor was still in a coma, and Gu Yiling had to hurry to be by his side.

The head of state inserted the chip into the computer and played its contents on the big screen. It was a video recorded by Gu Yiling using the mecha's camera.

Ethan stood amidst the army of the Neptune Federation, his face twisted with madness. "Hehe, Gu Yiling, you didn't expect it to be me, did you? In the end, you still lost to me!"

"Do you know who told me about the mind-controlled mech technology? It was your beloved Carol. I simply begged him, and he told me everything. Do you think he loves you? Humph! He loves no one but himself! He only craves power and status!"

"I no longer love him. Once the Neptune Federation takes over the empire, I will marry the prince of the Neptune Federation! And all of you will be prisoners!"

Silence engulfed the conference room. No one had expected the truth to be like this!

The head of the empire stared sharply at Carol and asked, "Carol, is this true? Did you betray your country for your own gain? Have you no conscience?"

Carol lowered his head and said nothing, as if all his strength had been drained from him.

From the moment Gu Yiling returned, Carol knew it was all over. It was the greed and dissatisfaction in his heart that made it unbearable for Victor to outshine him at every turn. Although Carol's achievements were already highly regarded by others, he couldn't be satisfied. He always felt he deserved a higher position, one far above Victor's current standing!

He didn't understand the ways of the world.

While Gu Yiling and Victor managed to escape the siege of the Neptune Federation, the Mecha Corps and the Second Corps suffered heavy losses. Victor had been seriously injured while protecting Gu Yiling during their breakout and remained in a coma. The doctors stated that his mental strength had been severely damaged and he might remain unconscious for several years.

The leaders of the empire were in a state of panic. Victor's current status was equivalent to being the guardian of the empire. If news of his coma spread, not only the Neptune Federation but people from other planets might take advantage of the situation and attack the empire.

Carol was imprisoned in a military facility for his treasonous acts. During the investigation, the military court uncovered numerous undisclosed illicit dealings by the Eugene family. Combining these with his act of treason, Carol would likely spend a hundred years behind bars.

If it were in the original world, Carol, the chosen one, wouldn't have needed to resort to illegal acts to gain people's favor. He had a group of followers and the head of state held him in high regard, intending to groom him as the next leader. However, in this life, due to Gu Yiling, the modest and reserved Victor shone brighter