Races of Kearne

Humans- One of the Younger Races, the Humans have made a home for themselves in Kearne. They have established trade, government, and are considered to be a formidable foe on the battlefield. Their race was even granted the gift of Magik and some of their Mages have made names for themselves that ring across the Realms.

Leonin- Also called the Koshach, Leonin are a feline people with a knack for industry and warfare. Their culture is broken up into 3 Castes, the Warrior, Merchant, and Industrial, and their armies are some of the finest Kearne has ever seen. It would be fair to say the Leonin are the backbone of trade across the breadth of Kearne.

Lacertian- A reptilian race that can trace their origins back before the Dragon Wars, the Lacertians are one of the older races still at large on Kearne. A highly spiritual people, the Lacertians prefer to live simply life in their swamps.

Emberkin- Also known as Dark Elves, the Emberkin are a serious people who are experts at metalcraft and warfare. Their mages are some of the most talented, as are their bladesmiths and artisans.

Silverkin- The White Elves are a stuck up, orderly people. Bent on decorum, politics, and manners, they are often sneered at by the other races, even their darker brethren, the Emberkin. Nevertheless, the Silverkin are a mightly nation, and they are considered the greatest government at work in Kearne.

Minotaurs- One of the physically biggest and strongest races of Kearne, the bull-headed Minotaurs are also the most warlike. Though their ancestors had been enslaved by the Dragons before the Dragon Wars, the current generations of tribes believe the Dragons to be benevolent gods that look out for their well being. They hold the ancient Dragon Burial Troves sacred, and pray to the Golden Dragon and their primary deity. But, don't be mistaken, at over 8-foot tall without the horns, and often carrying a massive war-ax, the Minotaurs are feared for their battle prowess.

Werewolves- The other most physically imposing race in Kearne, Werewolves are able to change from a human form to a full-furred wolf form. In their wolf-form they are massive furry killing machines, and even as humans they are legendary fighters. Their packs are scattered over Kearne, disorganized and constantly riddled by in-fighting. But there are those who fear what could happen should they every fully organize.

Vampyres- A secretive race, the Vampyres were nearly wiped out during the Dragon Wars. Now days they are thought to be extinct, though they really are just biding their time in the shadows of modern society. Rumors and myths about them have spread and grown, and they use this fact to shield their movements through the shadows.

Demons- Not even of Kearne, Demons hail from the Nether. A fiery dimension filled with death and evil, the Nether Demons want nothing more than to enter our world and devour the races and their peoples whole. While there are ways to handle them, once let loose they possess unlimited magik and power. Only the fabled Queen of the Nether is said to be able to control them.