9

The next day... Matthew wasn't here, and I was glad. The man stormed into the basement and began to slam things all over the place. "How?" He started. I looked up at him, exhausted, and he glared at me.

I soon realized what had happened, and I began to laugh. "He wasn't where he should have been?" I asked, laughing. "Alfred won't leave him alone for one second? THAT BASTARD IS RUINING MY PLANS!!!" He whined. He sounded just like a child as he did this. He looked at me laughing, and it enraged him.

He began to pull my hair to the point where some of it came out. I pulled a pocket knife from out of his pocket, and looked at me seriously. "How about I finally give you a taste?" he hissed.

The man pushed the knife into the skin on my arms and pierced it. "AHHHH!!!" I screamed. He began to cut pieces of my skin off, and I felt tears leave my eyes.

"STOP!!! PLEASE!!! I AM SORRY FOR LAUGHING!!!" I yelled out a cry. He held the piece of skin up for me to look at, and I nearly fainted. The man began to notice this, and he slapped me around to wake me up.

I felt miserable.

I was freezing... I was in pain... And I wanted to die.

"Tomorrow I will get him... And you will be able to see him die..." he laughed. I looked down back to my feet, and I continued to listen to the song he was playing.

The man walked over to me and began to unbuckle the straps on my ankles "you better not try anything," he warned. The man undid my wrists and pushed me to the ground. I couldn't walk at all and I didn't have the energy to move at all.

He began to pull me by my arm to the corner of the room and chained my ankle up so I wouldn't try to leave. Oddly enough, the floor wasn't filthy. It looked like marble.

There were drains there that led below, and it was obvious that the floors were marble because they were easier to wash the blood away.

He grabbed a bucket and began to fill it with water. "You better hope you don't freeze to death," he laughed. He threw the water on me, and I felt frozen.

It was extremely cold, and I was hardly wearing anything, and the room temperature was low. If he didn't kill me, the cold definitely would.

He threw another bucket of water on me, and I began to hold onto myself closely. I was shivering, and I could hear my teeth start to chatter.

"Grow some balls!!! You piece of shit," he said to me. He walked toward me and began to touch my hair. I flinched when he touched it, and I turned away from him slowly. "No one is coming to get you.... Francis hasn't come by your place again, and there is nothing in the news of a missing man," he laughed.

I felt tears swell up in my eyes, and I began to sob. I felt so much sorrow and anguish that everything I had was finally being released. He began to mock my crying and began to kick me to the ground.

I held onto my neck and head, but that didn't stop him from kicking my sides and stomping on my stomach. "I hate you so much!! You are pathetic, and it's no wonder your so-called friends haven't tried looking for you yet," he laughed.

After a while, he finally stopped and walked out of the room. He left me there, and I watched as blood from my cuts began to fall down the drain beside me.

There was a lot of blood, and I knew I would die soon. I was freezing, bleeding out, I was dehydrated, and I wasn't eating. It was a matter of time before my body would give out from all the stress it was taking on.

I continued to hum to the song and I flipped myself over to look at the bright lights in the ceiling.

It was like I was in a hospital. The lights and the tools somehow made me think of one.

"Francis..... please find me," I managed to whisper. Saying his name brought me to tears, and I wish he were here for me.

I wanted to go on our date; I knew he would finally tell me how he felt. I definitely knew by the look of the flowers he was holding onto when he came by my house.

I just hope he knows I've loved him this entire time. And even if I'm never found, I wish he knows that.... And knows I'd never stop loving him. Even in death.... I'd still love him so much. He meant everything to me, and I honestly wanted to marry him.

Thankfully, the memory of him was still fresh in my mind, and it didn't take long for me to close my eyes and remember him. I wanted to tell him I loved him in person!!! I wanted him to hear me say it, and I wanted to hear him finally say it.

Tears ran down the sides of my face, and I remembered him—the smell of him, the way he made me feel.

He reminded me of how much I've wanted to kiss him. I wish I weren't such an idiot... and I just told him how I felt when I had the chance. I was too much of an idiot who thought we had all the time in the world to continue to fall in love.

My dearest Francis..... please don't leave me here to die. Please find me... Please... That's all I want!!! I want to be with you again, in your arms... surrounded by your love and warmth.