29 Father

Jennie's Pov

I want to throw up, not because of the long flight from Seoul to here in Thailand. But because of the nervousness and excitement I feel.

While we were in the car going to Lisa's house, I was shaking. I don't know what my reaction will be when I see the person I've been wanting to see for a long time.

"Are you ok?" Lisa asked me while stroking my arm. I looked at her and nodded. She smiled at me and kissed me on the lips.

"We'll be there in 5 more minutes. You can rest."

"I'm fine. I'm just a a little bit nervous  your father might not like me." I reply.

"My dad is cool, and didn't I tell you that she is one of the nicest person."
I just smiled  before hugging her.

My heart beat faster when the car stopped in front of a simple house. Lisa took our things and she guided me out of the car.

"lets go, I'm sure dad will be happy when he sees you in person." lisa said happily. She took my hand and pulled me into the house.

She knocked twice and my knees went weak, when I saw an old man. he smiled at us before he hugged lisa.

"I miss you dad."

"I miss you too Lisa." he replied before their embrace parted. "by the way daddy, this is my wife that I always told you about before. She is Jennie. And he is my dad, Love." Lisa introduced me. His father smiled and opened his arms to welcome me.

I hugged him and I couldn't stop my emotions from pouring out. I felt him caressing my back when he felt my sobbing. I tightened my hug to him.

He is my father , i know because I feel it. after a while I separated the hug and I chuckled as I wiped my tears. I felt Lisa's hold on me.

"Sorry, sir, I'm just being carried away by my emotions. You know, pregnant." I reason out try to cover up my nervousness.

He and lisa looked at each other and giggled together. " Its  Ok Jennie !! Come in first, and please don't call me sir. Just dad .not  daddy, because I'm afraid that's what you call my daughter. " he said teasing me before he tapped me on the shoulder.

I woke up without Lisa by my side. I got up from lying down and looked around me. I smiled as I remembered what happened earlier, Lisa is right her dad is kind and caring, I forgot my nervousness and fear because he is good at lightening the mood.

He is effortlessly funny, he is good at cooking. maybe I inherited the passion for cooking from him. It was six o'clock in the evening, so I got up and decided to go out to look for Lisa.

I wandered into the kitchen because I didn't see anyone in the living room. I saw that Lisa's dad was busy cooking so I approached him.

"you are really good cook. Lisa didn't lie when she said that you are the best chef." I said honestly.

he looked in my direction and my heart softened when I saw him smile. "Lisa likes to eat, Maybe that's reason why she's probably crazy about you .  according to her, you're also a good cook." he responded kindly. I blushed at what he said.

I smiled before I pulled the chair while watching him cook. this is the feeling when you are blood related to someone, you really feel the connection. I just don't know if he feels the same about me.

"How are you? Lisa mentioned to me that you are sick?" I asked him. he turned off his stove and sat down in the chair opposite me with a smile. when we came earlier I noticed that he was happy but I also felt that he was feeling something.

"You know what ? when Lisa told me that you are getting back together? I'm so happy. I'm already old, Jennie. And I feel like I'm going to leave this world at any moment," he said calmly. I  suck my tongue to stop myself from getting emotional. "so somehow, I'm happy that lisa has a family on her own." he added.

"Don't talk like that. You'll still be in this world for a long time, because you'll be taking care of your grandchildren." I tried not to stutter because I really wanted to cry.

"You know, Jennie, if it's just me. I still want to live for a long time and there are still things I want to do. Just like looking for my daughter. But I'm already weak, my body can't take it anymore." He answered while a smiling.

"what happened? where is she?" I asked him, bravely as I felt my  tears running down my cheeks but I immediately wiped them away.

"Me and her mom used to be enemies, We both really hate each other . When we attended our common friend's birthday party we were both drunk, something happened.  She got even more angry with me to the point that she cursed me. Three years later, our common friend visited me and gave  me a photo of a girl. He said that the little girl on that photo ,was my daughter . Her mom  had no plans to tell me about my daughter but , because it was my right to know. my friend told me before he migrated in other country. that was the only photo that I have. He didn't even tell me the real name of my daughter. " My heart broke when I saw his tears fall.

"I want to see her so bad  but, I don't have the ability to do that. I'm not rich and it become more difficult for me when I stopped working because I got sick." he cried.

I stood up and hugged him while we both sobbed. "I'm sorry if I'm telling you this . And I'm going to ask you not to tell Lisa ,what we talked about. I just don't want to put pressure on her, just because I want to see my daughter," he explained.

He broke our hug and smiled at me. " please " he beg, I didn't answer because I didn't know what to say that, I was guilty. I want to tell him that I'm his daughter but, I'm afraid, I'm afraid of his reaction. I just nodded my head in response.

"thank you , jennie !! No i want you to relax and take a rest, I'll just call you when Lisa comes back. I don't want her to scold me when she think I made you cry." He said jokingly while wiping his tears.