ⅩⅪⅠ

A PAINED ROAR pulled my neck toward the source like a chain had been yanked on my neck.

Ezekiel.

Hearing him, my mate, was like setting off another bomb inside of me, exploding my fear and confusion into small smithereens, leaving only a blistering cloud of rage.

My Hybrid was in control, and this time I didn't care.

It started at the base of my soul, building its way up to my core and filtered out of every pore in my body. Seeing the blood pool around my mate's stilled body invoked a fury that snapped my spine straight.

I would fight for Zeke. For my boys. For them all.

A sudden wash of calmness descended over me as I stepped forward. I knew what was pooling through my center, bubbling in my veins, and cooling it all in the same breath. Dark energy burned every inch of my body with unrelenting power; Celestial energy followed suit, taking control of my body.

And I welcomed it.

My feet slowly took one step at a time, placing a foot in front of the other until I was six inches from my father as he slowly rose to his feet. The blast of power I had let go off incinerated his hounds and burst his men free from their bodies. No one I cared about was harmed, but gore splattered crimson painted the walls like a second layer, and now it was merely him.

Their screams had penetrated my ears like a blissful siren. But my eyes, gleaming vibrantly with black and gold, focused on the man in front of me. A look of slight surprise and wonder were laced in my father's eyes, watching me with interest and intrigue. I snarled and pushed my energy forward, wind slashing my skin as if I were a tornado.

Unfortunately for my father, his men were able to strike first before I could deal their death blow. It pissed me off, and I made sure my father could feel the wrath of my rage.

Cracks of lightning sparkled and sizzled from each of my fingertips, lashing out at the room around me, but not one so much as grazed my friends. Each spike of power that filtered through my core and out of my body automatically regenerated itself at full strength.

I was a never-ending spitfire of energy.

Save my family.

My boys.

My heart.

The power I didn't know existed twirled from my fingertips and lengthened up my arm. My hair whipped around as energy billowed up and poured from me. I was overtaken by a sensation of slipping into another thicker plane, yet lighter than this one, like diving into a pool of clear oil.

The sky churned from midnight blue to midnight black. A bolt of lightning zigzagged across the sky, a growl of thunder following as the sky rumbled angrily.

My lips parted, and I spoke in a voice that was no longer my own. "It's time to end this."

Opening my arms, I lifted my chin so my face was tilted at the ceiling. The powerful energy within me continuously built and sparked through the cabin and then rippled through the sky. I had always held my Hybrid on a leash, scared to let her out completely. But now, I needed her unhinged, wild, and free.

It was time for her to come out and play.

Closing my eyes, I released my hybrid from her bindings. Electricity zapped and sizzled around me, fueling me with adrenaline and power to an extent that I had never felt before. Angel fire replaced the bolts of lightning along my arms while a pit of black smoke climbed the length of my legs and pooled at my feet. I summoned what felt like every molecule of fire, electricity, and darkness down on one target, not giving a damn about anything else around me.