I STOOD IN stunned silence, staring at Zeke in a new light. My Hybrid purred, welcoming the claim.

Michael stepped forward. "I had my suspicions," he told me as Zeke slowly pushed his Hybrid back, and he blinked, eyes returning to their stormy grey. "But I didn't want to voice them until I knew for sure." The Archangel motioned to Zeke. "He's the mate that your prophecy mentions."

My mouth popped open, and for a moment, I had no words, but slowly as they awaited my reaction, a shit-eating grin morphed into my expression, and Zeke's shoulders seemed to sag in relief that I wasn't going to reject him. My cheeks heated, but I couldn't stop myself before launching into Zeke's arms.

Zeke made an oomph sound, but his arms wrapped tightly, burrowing his head in my hair and neck. "I wanted it so badly to be true," he murmured, and I could only nod my agreement in response, tears of overwhelming emotion brimming along my tear line.

My heart thundered in my chest as my Hybrid internally roared her approval. Everything I felt for Zeke came roaring to the surface. The adoration and awe I held for his Hybrid and the family he's brought together; the utter respect I had for him after everything he's been through; and the sheer lov-

No, wait. I didn't love Zeke. It was far too soon to feel something so extreme for him. The emotions I held for Zeke were strong, but they couldn't quite be that strong.

Could they?

I pulled away, red staining my cheeks. Zeke kissed the crown of my head and whipped me around, pinning my back to his chest and wrapping his arms around my middle possessively. I couldn't help the giggle that escaped from my lips.

Noah and Evan advanced with smiles, but Zeke let out a warning growl. They each halted, confusion marring their features. I frowned, looking up at Zeke as he cleared his throat.

Michael stepped into our inner circle. "His Hybrid will be extremely possessive for the first week or so. Naturally, after finding their mate." The boys nodded, easing the tension in their shoulders.

I, on the other hand, was confused again and frustrated all the more by it. "I thought Zeke was only my mate because of the prophecy?"

Michael shook his head. "Yes, but no. Mates can be chosen, but Soulmates are once in a lifetime."

My eyes widened as Zeke tensed against my back. "Soulmates?" he echoed.

The Archangel nodded knowingly. "Soulmates are a gift and can be bound in two ways through any breed. For humans, it's less... in your face in a way and extremely rare because of their nature."

I nodded along as Michael spoke, then pointed to the other two. "They could have soulmates as well?"

Michael nodded again. "Yes, and probably very likely."

Evan interjected then. "Could purebreds be soulmates with a human?"

The Archangel frowned, taking a moment to think on it as we waited anxiously for his response. I knew why he was asking; Kayla meant a lot to him, and their relationship seemed to grow each day. With a sigh, Michael shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure, I would say no, but I don't know that for sure either. If it is possible, it's rare."

"How would I know?" Evan asked immediately.

"Well, you can't exactly bond with them, so finding your soulmate would be through the other option."

"What's the other option?" Noah pipped up, scratching at his chin and eyeing his anxiously awaiting brother.

Michael's face turned crimson. "Lovemaking."