Learn from history don't repeat it

Today (outfit 3) I seemed to be the only paying any kind of attention in class. It was about the 60s about our history. The 60s man times they were a changing. Cory said to the class. I found it funny that Maya didn't seem to care about the topic but not surprising because she's Maya but I had noticed she was wearing a Rolling Stones shirt. I hadn't noticed since our history meant so much to me especially considering my more recent history over the last 12 almost 13 years. From the bad to the good that I didn't notice anyone wasn't paying attention to the lesson until I heard Farkle say....

The class they are a sleepin'. It's not you're fault dad it's just the stuff your saying. Riley told him. I'm talking about the 60s man. Cory expressed. Nobody cares about when you were our age dad. Riley tells him. Riley that over 50 years ago how old do you think I am? He asks us. There is no right way to answer that sir. I heard Lucas tell him. Maya wanted him to teach us future class things and Riley agreed with her they didn't think History had anything to do with us.

I'm going to snap this chalk in half now. Snap! Do you know what you did yesterday? I think I had grapes Riley said. Do you know what yesterday was? He asks us. Grapes day. Riley confirms her answer. As I face palm. He tells yesterday was history, how we can choose left instead of going right and vice versa and that the choices we make affect not only us but those around us as well.

Mr. Matthews if I may? I raise my hand. Go ahead Ms. Jack. Of course history has something to do with us. I don't know so much about my ancestors but I do know about my recent past and it's best if we remember it so that we don't forget it if we forget it we will repeat it and we don't want to repeat history. You all know the part of my story that I have shared with you, how I got here, and what my birth parents did to me. I can't read, very well and was never taught the alphabet as a little kid.

And only two people know the truth of who my caretaker really is. People who I trust, who have gone out of their way to ask. Like when we had to disconnect to reconnect. Taking the time to learn more about each other face to face. Or seeing the beauty where others don't, being yourself instead of what others want us to be. My first few years of my own life were not ideal, but once I was found, once something bad happened the good followed after it, I was rescued from a life I didn't know I wanted out of.

I can't forget my past, and I always hope that the same doesn't happen with Hunter. So far life has been so much better with him than the first part of my life was. With it I've found my present and my hopeful future if I stay on the path I'm on now if I keep going right instead of left. Hunter and my new friends have shaped me who I'm becoming but I have walls built from past experiences. It's hard still to let love in to stop being who I was before even if I didn't like who my parents made me.

I like who I am better now it's like I really was a princess who didn't know I was a damsel in distress like in the story of Rapunzel not knowing she was kidnapped or a princess not knowing there was so much to her than what she was allowed to be. Only knowing life as it was from the life she'd been given before seeing what more life could give her. History changes our present and our future. IDK what would've happened had that weekend never happened I would probably still be trapped in a life I wanted no part in.

On the other hand had Hunter not showed up when he did I could've been killed by the bear the same way my parents were. The beast was slain my captors were defeated and the princess became a pauper a much better life a life I would've never known had my past not happened. I would've never came to New York and met Maya and Riley, Lucas and Farkle I would not be in this history class learning here with the rest of you. But I am curious about things that happened before me.

Thank you Ms. Jack Cory thanked me as I quieted myself and continued to allow him to teach. You have just brought up my next point of my lesson. History is all about missed opportunities. History has nothing to do with us? Wasn't it Miss Hart? He asks her. IDK it was like 5 mins ago she reminds him. Fine, I'm not going to teach you guys about the 60s. Everyone else: Yay! Me: Awe. You are he corrects. Everyone else but Farkle groans but I cheer.

History is alive even if you weren't you will go to the 60s and do a report on it, living history. Time travel! Farkle exclaims. But dad how do we do that? We weren't there. Riley asks him. You were he corrects. How? She asks. Because you all have grandparents and great-grandparents that were during that time choose one and learn all you can from it. Then come back and report on your findings. Then we'll see if history really doesn't have anything to do with us.

In the 1960s Riley's ancestor Rosie walks into a café the café Hey based on a real café in real life from back in the day where she's a new face and Farkle's ancestor Ginsberg notices this. So, are you but everything's new to me the people the places the whole scene is happening man. She tells him. Just as Rosie practiced. She asks him for a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream because she's "dangerous."

Got a name miss Dangerous? He asks her. Rosie McGee. What's yours? Ginsberg. He tells her before he takes her picture. What was that for? She asks him. For the first moment we met he says before going to get her the drinks she ordered. Hey, have we met before? Haven't we all? He asks her. Before he leaves. Rosie looks up at the pictures. She notices someone in them that is out of the ordinary.

Whose that? She points up. That is Freya Jade Luna. She's one of the regulars that comes here. Why is she dressed like that? Rosie asked him. It's not my business to ask but there's something special about her, something mysterious and beautiful about her. She should be walking in any sec now. You can ask her that yourself. Ginsberg leaves Rosie. My ancestor Freya (outfit 45) she had really looked like a princess. She came in to café Hey where Rosie saw her.