Epilogue

The chill air of early fall sent shivers through me. I tightened my scarf around me as I carried more boxes out to Eddie's van. Uncle Wayne and Eddie carried the mattress to the car as I directed their steps. It was weird seeing Eddie's normally cluttered room so empty.

"That's the last of it." I sighed, looking around his empty room.

"You still think this is the right idea?" Eddie asked me.

"If you're leaving Hawkins, I'm coming with you." I smiled and he pulled me in for a hug.

"As shitty as Hawkins is, I'm going to miss it." He laughed.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss those buttheads."

"Dustin better take his role with Hellfire seriously." He huffed.

After escaping the Upside Down, Eddie and I decided we'd had enough adventure for a lifetime. I knew I wanted out of Hawkins, so when Eddie and Corroded Coffin got an offer with a record label in New York I decided to follow. I was applying to colleges around the area and landed a nice internship with a branch of Comico.

I'd found my dad after getting home and sat him down to finally get out the truth. Henry wasn't my father, but in secret he was supposed to be. When they signed up, my dad was supposed to be the donor, but when they found out the truth they knew they needed to back out. So they conspired together to swap the donations and escape with me after. They'd had my tattoo removed by a doctor friend they trusted.

Chrissy was gone now. Vecna's death released her spirit from the sword. I'd visited her grave on my return and buried the sword in the soft soil above her. I knew that wherever she was, she was watching over me just like she always had. I wish I'd thanked her when she was alive for standing by me despite Jason.

"I'm gonna miss you guys." Dustin sniffed, hugging us both.

"Hellfire's not gonna be the same without you." Mike added.

"I trust Dustin to carry my torch and besides, you now have the council of Will the Wise!" Eddie boasted.

"Take care of Max for me, ok?" I told Lucas.

"You know I will." He smiled.

"Oh and Dustin, I wanted to gift you this." I presented him my crossbow.

"You want me to have it?" He exclaim, gently taking it.

"She's all yours." I laughed.

"Dustin, that's so sick." Will said.

"Take good care of her for me."

"I will care for her with my life." Dustin swore.

"I think it's about time we get going." Eddie said, starting up the van.

We have one last hug goodbye to everyone before driving away. I turned the radio on to some Souxie and the Banshees. Eddie took my hand and kissed my knuckles through my gloves. A light snowfall made the usually green scenery a sparkly white.

"How king was this trip going to be again?" I asked Eddie.

"About 12 hours." I groaned in response which made Eddie laugh. "Don't worry, Princess. We'll make the best of it."

"I'll hold you to it." I smiled.

"God, I love you."

"And I love you, Eddie."