Awake - Teresa

THIS STORY CONTAINS TDC/TKO SPOILERS.

OCCASIONAL BRENDA/TRENDA HATE. THIS IS KINDA A THOMESA FANFICTION, AND TRENDA IS NOTP, SO I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND.

My eyes snap open. I blink, disoriented. I lie in a small bed, hooked up to some kind of machine that beeps softly every two seconds. The walls are white, but smudged with dirt. The room entirely empty, except for me and the machine. I try to sit up but a searing pain in my ribs holds me back. I barely stifle my cry of pain, but it was loud enough to hear. The door swings open, and a familiar figure walks in. His blonde hair shaved super short, in clean black clothes, but his crazy arched eyebrows remain exactly the same. Gally. "Oh, look who's finally awake." He says. "Welcome back, slinthead."

An hour later half of the right arm is gathered around my hospital bed. "Alright, will you give me some answers now?" I demand. There are some familiar faces, like Lawrence, and Vince, and some I don't know by name.

"I just want to see, before I tell you anything, how much of what happened do you remember?" I grit my teeth, and want to scream at him to just tell me what. The. Shuck. Happened. I sigh impatiently. "I remember all the way up until the stupid piece of ceiling fell on me." I say, "now, will you tell me what happened afterwards, or are you going to make me wait fifty billion years to get answers?" My tone comes out harsher than I meant it to, but honestly I don't really care.

"Alright, we'll tell you. Just don't ask any questions or interrupt until I'm finished. Got that?" Vince asks. "Yes. Now tell me."

"The subjects of WICKED's trials went through a flat trans. To a supposed safe haven, where they could start their lives again, but is actually just another part of WICKED's trials. Meanwhile, we've been searching for the original flare virus. How it was created." "It was shot out in darts," I say, forgetting to wait until Vince is finished speaking. "I was there when it happened to my village." Vince nods. "Yes. However, we have found evidence that the flare was not created by WICKED. They were only following orders of others to spread the disease. It already existed before the darts were shot. We need to find out who's behind it, and whoever it is will most likely be able to cure the virus."

My head spins. If it wasn't WICKED's fault that my family, Trina, Lana, Mark, and Alec are dead, then who was it? Because whoever it was, I want them dead and punished for creating the disease that killed almost everyone after the manority of people had already been killed from the solar flares.

"Now, here's what you can do." Says Vince, "You were there when the flare was spread. I want you to follow your steps from the village where you lived, and see if you can find any evidence. If anyone is smart enough, it's you, and you're immune, so any lingering bits of the virus won't effect you." I shudder at the prospect of going back to my village. It was thirteen years ago, but it still hurts to think about that place, or my friends.

I nod slowly. "I'll do it." I say. "But I want to be on my own. I tend to damage people I'm with beyond repair."

THAT'S ALL, FOLKS! THANKS FOR READING. THOUGHTS?