𝟏.𝟎𝟒 - 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

╔══ஓ๑☼๑ஓ══╗
— 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟏 | 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟒 —
╚══ஓ๑☼๑ஓ══╝

(Ruby's POV)

I walked outside the cafeteria right before the dinner bell rang and looked around for Harry as I waited. I was really nervous, to be honest, I had no idea how my friends would react to being around Harry and finding out I was constantly associating with him. The villain kids have the worst rep in this school after all, I don't blame the others for being scared or judgy but, they should at least give them a chance first. I smiled slowly as I spotted him up the hall with a bit of a sour look, the rest of the VK's not too far back behind him talking to themselves. I frowned a little as I wondered what could be troubling him at the moment. I waved to them hello and only Evie and Carlos waved back as they walked into the cafeteria.

"Hey Har, are you hungry?" I asked and smiled up at him anyway once he reached me. He sighed a bit and grinned at me a little with a nod.

"Famished lassie." He said tiredly as I led him into the dinner line.

"Is something wrong?" I asked as I grabbed the two of us trays. He seemed a bit startled that I asked and seemed to think to himself a moment.

"Uh yeah yeah, just a little drained from the day is all." He said softly and looked over all the foods with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Well, hopefully, we can get you energized with something yummy hm?" I said and started to put some lemon chicken and a salad on my tray and plated some potato and steak bites with roasted vegetables for him. I glanced at him before putting a little more on his plate and grabbing a roll for him as well "You have your meal card with you right?" I asked as we slid down the line and I grabbed a cup of hazelnut soup and water, putting a Sprite on his tray.

"Oh right right, I do." He said and scrambled to get it out of his jacket pocket before holding it up to me. I giggled at that and shook my head before scanning my card at the register and letting him go after me.

"Now come, I want you to meet my friends." I said and led him to our usual table where some of my friends were already sitting "Hey guys! This is Harry, he's one of the new kids, you may have seen him around." I said as we both sat next to each other at the end of the table, all of my friends going silent and staring at the both of us either in fear or slight anger. At our table was Lonnie, Jane, and Parker; he's the son of Peter Pan... yeah I see where I've gone wrong here. A symphony of awkward hi's and hellos flew from the three of them before each of them introduced themselves, Parker's being a bit bitter as he gave him a cold and hard glare.

"Nice to meet you," Harry said with a small smile, his eyes meeting Parker's as they both stared intensely at each other before I felt a harsh jab at my side from Lonnie.

"Ruby, please don't tell me the boy you're ogling over is the son of Captain Hook!" Lonnie whispered in my ear. I sighed and rolled my eyes, scooting closer to her.

"And what about it? First of all, I'm not ogling over him, second, he's a great guy Lonnie give him a chance, and third what the HELL happened to yours and Jane's hair!?" I whispered back and gave her a pleading look "Please trust me." She let out a deep breath and nodded after hesitating a bit which caused me to smile wide and take her hand in mine with a small squeeze "Thank you."

"So Hook, you manage to find yourself in any squabbles yet today?" Parker asked as they both held eye contact, Harry eating without a care already.

"It's Harry ta you, and no, I've been on my best behavior, believe it or not, Pan." He shot right back with a wicked grin. I laughed awkwardly before I started to eat as well.