𝟐.𝟎𝟖 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐

╔══ஓ๑☼๑ஓ══╗
— 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟐 | 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟖 —
╚══ஓ๑☼๑ஓ══╝

(Harry's POV)

I tried to keep my balance as the boat rocked side to side occasionally from the lashings Uma inflicted on it while simultaneously drowning out the screams of fear from all the passengers as two fights broke out on either side of them. I couldn't help the broken look of horror on my features as I watched the girl I loved, shrouded in black, bare her teeth in the manner of a banshee at my assailant, who she had pinned to the wooden floor of the deck. Any attempts I made to call her name, to listen to reason, failed.

"You shouldn't have come, now the only way to repay any semblance of debt that you owe to me, or more importantly HIM, is with your life!" Ruby roared above Ginny as she crushed the girl beneath her hair.

"Ruby please stop! Don't do this!" I shouted and went to grab her ankle in the air before I was suddenly fighting to keep my footing as I was dragged far back away by hair, not missing the harsh glare she shot at me.

"You think I was just gonna stay in that shit hole and not take the opportunity of a lifetime to get what I've deserved my whole life!? I couldn't wait to get my hands on you, you privileged princess!" Ginny had to fight through her words as I could see her starting to pale from the life slowly draining out of her due to the effects of Ruby's hurt incantation, which was consuming her mind and her heart. Ruby's eyes blew open wide, looking more angry than I thought was even possible as she lowered closer to Ginny, hovering parallel to her.

"Deserved?" She said quietly and smiled wide, almost too wide "Just like Harry deserved to be tortured under your partial guidance? To be stabbed by your hand? To be spelled from your lips?!" She spat and lifted the girl off the ground a few inches before slamming her back down, making her cry out in pain.

"We need to stop her! She'll never forgive herself if she takes this too far!" A voice said desperately from next to me. I looked over to see it was Lonnie who watched with fearful eyes, water dripping all down her body as everyone on board was soaked to the bone from the constant ocean spray.

"I've tried getting her attention but she won't listen..." I said desperately and looked back at them "She's out for blood..." Lonnie turned from me with a huff at my words and stormed for her best friend. She grabbed the girl's wrist with a harsh force and made the girl turn to face her as she looked like she tried to bite back the pain of her life being drained away.

"Ruby that's enough! If you continue you're no better than she is!" she pleaded as Ruby stared at her with deep furrowed brows and a scowl. The girl ripped her arm away and hissed.

"No better? I've lived my whole life by the books, I've gone sixteen years being nothing but kind and charitable, and this is what I've been rewarded with!? Being filled with so much hope and love, only to have it ripped away from me not once, but twice!? Do you know the hole that had left in my heart!? Do you not remember." Ruby's words spilled from her trembling lips as Ginny cried out in pain, the grip on her body tightened. Tears started to well in Ruby's eyes as I caught on to the wavering of her voice, the two tones of it fading in and out as she spoke.

"I do remember, and it broke my heart to see you that way more than anyone..." Lonnie said as her lower lip trembled too. "But I was there, through it all I was the one who was there for you," she said as she held her best friend's cheeks in her hands. Ruby's features relaxed as her dark eyes widened, tears spilling down her cheeks in waves.