𝟐.𝟎𝟓 - 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐲

╔══ஓ๑☼๑ஓ══╗
— 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟐 | 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟓 —
╚══ஓ๑☼๑ஓ══╝

(Third Person POV)

The slow swaying of the old wooden ship slowly rocked the small princess into consciousness, making her whine and groan as nausea slowly settled in her belly.

"Well, someone clearly doesn't have their sea legs." A voice mockingly rang out, sounding distorted to the young girl currently tied to a chair.

"W-where am I..." Ruby mumbled and swallowed hard to prevent her stomach from spilling up this afternoon's lunch. She looked up slowly and hissed at the throbbing pain at the back of her head, guessing that she probably had been struck there. Her eyes widened instantly as she came face to face with Uma, who had been leaning over her knees from the stool she was sitting on, to get a real good look at the honey brunette in front of her. Ruby took a quick glance at all her features and blinked a few times.

"You're really pretty..." she whispered, cursing herself a little for complimenting her assailant. The captain cracked a wide smirk and sat back upright, crossing one leg over the other.

"Flattery isn't gonna get you out of this, not today, princess," she said smoothly and watched said girl's features drop sadly.

"I didn't mean it like that..." she mumbled and shook her head quickly. "But why am I here? Why did you take me?" she asked, slightly panicky. Uma couldn't help but grimace a little and tilt her head slightly, wondering what about this girl made her first mate derail from his wicked ways so much.

"Why?" The captain chuckled and stood up, slowly trailing around Ruby as she stared down at her with a small grin. "You should know. Your lineage is legend after all~" she said and slid her fingers through Ruby's hair, some of it catching and slowly pulling out of her braid with ease. "My my, you take after your mother so well." She sneered, making the princess's stomach drop in fear.

"P-please, it's useless to you if you cut it." She said quickly, fearing that was only the worst of what the captain might want from her. Uma chuckled and shook her head, standing in front of Ruby now and lifting her chin to look up at her.

"It's sad you think so low of me. Do you know who I am?" She whispered, making Ruby shake her head slowly. "Well, you're gonna wish you never found out." She said as her grip on Ruby's chin tightened, making the girl wince in pain. "As I said, your hair is legend. I know all about its magical properties. I also know since it's good magic, it works here on the Isle." She said and flicked her chin from her hand, making the small girl's head whip to the side.

"You wish to stay young forever?" The princess whimpered, looking back at the young sea witch hesitantly. Said girl barked out a laugh, shaking her head as she sat down on the stool again.

"No, nothing like that, immortality is so old school. I have a friend who knows about you and your powers more than anyone you may be close with. I mean, why would you share with them the darkness stored within you~" Uma's grin grew wider as Ruby's fear bloomed across her features, her eyes blown wide as she tried to wrestle her way out of the ropes confining her.

"N-no, no! You can't call upon that energy. It has no will, no purpose. It's raw decaying power only existing to balance the light." she pleaded to the captain, who seemed to grow more excited with her words.

"And I plan on using that power, directing it if you will." she sighed dreamily. "Auradon will finally be ours."

"How does this 'friend' who told you of this know about it anyway? No soul outside of Tangletown knows of it. Let alone knows I have it." Ruby demanded, growing frustrated. Growing up, her mother had constantly warned her to always keep the secret of her darkness to herself in fear someone might want to use her for this very same problem she's gotten herself trapped in.