EIGHTEEN

I happily lick my mint chocolate chip ice cream cone as Layne drives with one hand, licking his chocolate ice cream cone with the other.

Layne invited me to watch him and the guys rehearse, which I gladly accepted. Any chance to see him sing again, I will take advantage of it. Before heading straight over there, we stopped at Shana's and I's apartment first so I could change my clothes....and put on some underwear.

"Can you hold this for me?" Layne asks so that he can do a wide turn.

"Mmhmm," I say, taking his ice cream cone from him. As Layne does a perfect 3-point turn, I lick the edge of his cone, preventing more ice cream from dripping as it starts to melt down to my fingers.

"That means I get to taste yours," he chuckles. Smiling, I lift my ice cream to his lips. With his eyes on the road, Layne swipes a tongue over the side of my cone, taking a healthy lick. Lowering my eyes, I watch him roll his tongue back into his mouth. "Ew, taste like toothpaste."

"No, it doesn't!"

"It does. I feel like I could brush my teeth with it."

"Fuck you," I laughed, though I low-key meant it. I take my mint chocolate chip serious. Layne's eyes light up before a smile follows down to his lips. "Shut up."

"I didn't say anything!"

"I can read your thoughts."

"Oooh, my girl is psychic," he says as he pulls over to the curb. Warmth fills every hollow spot in me. My Girl. I'm his girl.

Beaming, I look at the building Layne stopped at. "Y'all rehearse here?"

Layne clicks his teeth, putting the car in park. "We are actually going to record a song."

I gasp but then try to humble my excitement. "Cool," I nod, bobbing my head like a doll.

Layne chuckles at my amazement, "I know." He places on hand on my thigh, shaking it, "You ready to see the magic?"

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

As Layne recorded his vocals in the booth, I hung out in the lobby and caught up with Shana. After telling her how much I miss Terri, she stares at me like I have two heads sitting on my shoulder.

"What?" I ask her.

"You had sex," she says as a statement rather than a question. I roll my eyes, smiling. "You had sex!?"

"Tell the whole damn world."

Shana ignores my comment and scoots her chair closer to me, "With Layne?"

"Duh," even though I sounded annoyed, I couldn't help but smile. Yes, I had sex with Layne. And I can't wait to do it again.

"Oh my God, how was he?"

"He definitely knows what he's doing...."

She gasps, "Tell me everything."

"Ew, like what?"

Shana lowers her eyes, and a creepy smile stretches on her lips. "Where, how, when, and why."

"That doesn't even make any sense."

Shana rolls her eyes, "Where did y'all do the deed?"

"At his place," I tell, replaying the moment with Layne in my head. Shana smiles, squinting his eyes, telling me to go on. "On the counter." She flares her nostrils in excitement.

"When?"

"This afternoon? I don't know," I say, trying to remember the time.

"How?"