6 - Under The Cover Of Darkness

Then

What time will she be home?" I ask Andy as we lie entangled together one evening. He's at mine again, Laurie being at some fundraiser while Jake is sleeping over at a friends house. My fingers trace lightly over his chest, stings arms keeping my body against his.

This is our safe place, or mine at least. When I'm with him I feel like nothing and no one can hurt me.

"Can we not talk about her?" He asks.

"I just didn't know if you were on a time limit that's all" I say as he leans down and kisses me hungrily. "Not tonight". Unravelling ourselves he sinks down under the covers and spreads my legs. "Let's see if we can get another one out of you".

Oh boy.

My arches, pressing his face further in me, tongue pushing through my folds and beginning to inflict a whirlpool of hazy euphoria upon me.

I moan and feel his breath hitch while he chuckles away, knowing he's enjoying sucking the life from me as much as I am. Fingers slide through his hair and take a handful into my fist, gently tugging while my hips move against him.

"That's it Sav, let me feel you nice and tight for me sweetheart". He against my clit now that he moves to it and covers it with his mouth. I push his face further against me until finally I release, Andy licking up the mess I make before he slowly moves up my body, planting kisses along my skin until he reaches my mouth. I taste the mixture of us both now as our lips meet. My own had been around him earlier, so he's repaying the favour.

"I wish you could stay" I whisper as we pull away.

"Me too - shit". He hears his phone and rolls over, checking it and then his face changes. "I've gotta go soon, she said she's staying another hour and then leaving".

I'm used to it by now. "Okay". I nod quietly. 

He turns back to me and holds me once more. "We still have some time". 

It's never enough. 

It will never be enough. 

"I know..." 

"Savannah". 

The whole world stops every time he says my name. 

I run my hand down one of his perfectly trimmed bearded cheeks. "Andy". 

"I know it's hard, but that's just the way it is". He tells me gently. 

"Seems to be all we ever talk about". I say, "I'm not asking anything of you, I'm not demanding you leave her, I'm not threatening to tell her what's happening. I just hate not having you fully". 

We say no more about it, and once again I watch him leave to go back to her. 

He is the only thing that I hate to share, even if Laurie was there first. 

The next day we go about work as normal. Stealing glances during meetings, kisses in his office while the door is locked. Again I'm on my knees under his desk as he takes a call with Duffy. This is what I consider normal. Dangerous hook ups. 

Mom calls me to her office that afternoon for a briefing on how the Marsden case is coming along. She sits and watches me as I go through what we have so far and what is yet to be completed. 

She smiles once I've finished. "Another couple of years and you could even make ADA if you wanted". 

I smile lightly back at her. "I'm learning from the best". 

I've also learnt what her 'best' likes as well. 

He likes to be in control, to have that dominant stance over me. Having me on top of him is one of his favourite positions, but the best? He has me from behind so he has full say of what both of us do. That's when he feels at his most superior. 

"You work well together. I'm pleased". Mom replies. 

Oh you don't even know the half of it. I think as I get up and make my way back to the office. 

Andy is on the phone when I walk in and take my seat next to him - giving him the thumbs up about what we've got so far. 

He nods with a small lingering smile while he continues to talk to whoever is on the end of the line, hand now sliding across and resting on top of mine before he entwines them. 

I give it a little squeeze and mouth 'Coffee?' 

Pressing the mute button so he can't be heard he looks at me. "Lock the door Savvy".

"Yes Mr Barber..."