Prologue 2

Iceman, Kaia, Maverick, Nick, and Blaze had all made it to the ranks of Captain. Two months into them being Top Gun instructors, Maverick and Goose decided to return to active duty, they learned that they actually hated teaching. Wipeout, Blaze, and Iceman stayed as Top Gun instructors up until a year before their wedding. They decided they missed all the action and joined Maverick and Goose. Iceman was able to get back with his old RIO, Slider. They all flew together for a few months, being sent to similar missions but sometimes they got different orders and would have to separate for a few months.

After the wedding Iceman and Kaia returned flying once again. Because they were married and were highly respected within the Navy, they were able to get similar orders, so they weren't separated as much. Occasionally, they had to fly separate missions, but they mostly flew together with their RIOs, Blaze, and Slider. They were sent to different squadrons than Maverick and Goose, and only got to see each other on rare occasions, but that was being part of the Navy. But they still stayed in contact as much as possible.

A year after Iceman and Wipeout's wedding, they found out that Kaia was pregnant. Kaia made the hard choice of retiring from the Navy. She knew that during her pregnancy she would no longer be able to fly. Even though she could return to flying after giving birth, Kaia didn't want her child to be raised by someone else while both she and Tom were away. So, she made the hard choice of turning in her wings and ending her career as Captain. But she would do it all over again for her child.

That night Kaia sat curled up on the couch, she was about 3 months pregnant. Both her and Tom were overjoyed to become parents, but it still made Wipeout sad that her Navy career was coming to an end. "Hey," Tom said softly as he sat on the couch with her. She didn't respond, she only fiddled with her fingers. He sighed and scooped her up, pulling her into him, "do I dare ask what is on that gorgeous mind of yours?" He asked, trying to get her to talk. Kaia couldn't help a small smile on her lips at his words. "There is that smile," he added. "I am so excited to be a mom and a little scared," she said softly. "But?" Tom continued. "But I can't help but be a little sad about turning in my wings," she replied. Tom nodded, "you know, I would turn in my wings with you." She sat up straight, facing him, "no," she said shaking her head, "this was my choice. I would never ask you to turn in your wings." He sighed, "I don't want you to be alone, especially raising our child. I would do it for you and that kid in a heartbeat." She smiled and gently held Tom's cheeks, "this is why I love you Tom Kazansky, but I will be fine. Plus, I won't be alone, I got my dad, Lisa, and Carol. I will be okay." Tom leaned in and kissed her, "I love you too Kaia Kazansky, you are truly an amazing woman. I promised to come back to you and our child."

And he kept that promise. Blaze reluctantly continued to fly for the Navy after a lot of convincing from Kaia. He hated flying without her, but he did it anyways. "Fly for the both of us," is what Kaia had told Blaze. Both Goose and Blaze retired a year after being promoted to Rear Admirals, Goose wanted to spend more time helping Carol raise their son, and Blaze and Lisa were starting a family of their own. Iceman and Maverick were the last of the group still serving the Navy. Maverick stayed Captain, while Iceman climbed the ranks fast than anyone in the Navy. They all lived in San Diego.

Tom and Kaia named their child Lani Kazansky after finding out it was a girl. She was five years younger than Bradley, but nevertheless, they became best friends and were inseparable. When Lani was just starting her freshmen year of high school, Bradley graduated high school and went off to join the Navy. Once he had joined the friendship between him and Lani had quickly died, to everyone's surprise. A couple of months later Goose and Carol had moved to Santa Barbra for a change in scenery. However, they still kept in touch with their friends.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey, everyone! So, there will be one more prologue after this, then we can get to the actual story. Although, I do love writing about these characters, but I need to get a bit of a move on it. 

Anywho! As always, I hope you enjoy this little snip of what has been going on in the characters' lives. See you tomorrow for the next one!