Prologue 3

Lani enlisted into the Navy after graduating high school, wanting to follow in the footsteps of both of her parents. Iceman had made it to Fleet Admiral, becoming Commander of the Pacific Fleet not long after Kaia's father had retired. Unfortunately, Kaia's father passed away during Lani's first year in the academy. At his funeral, she saw Bradley, but for whatever reason, he spoke to everyone else but her.

Like her parents, Lani was invited to Top gun, and she strived and graduated with the Top Gun Trophy. "It's official, three Kazansky's have graduated from Top Gun!" She said as she raised her glass as she celebrated with her family and friends after the ceremony. "Two Kazansky's and one Hart," her mother corrected. "Hey! I married you didn't I, Mrs. Kazansky?" Tom asked, slightly offended. Even though Kaia was a Hart when she graduated from Top Gun, Tom much preferred that she be called a Kazansky, he did marry her after all. They all laughed at the statement before Tom pulled Kaia into a kiss. "Alright that's enough Admiral," Kaia said playfully as she gently nudged Iceman. "Mom, dad, you guys are so cute sometimes that it makes me want to barf," Lani said to her parents and both Iceman and Wipeout laughed. "We are so proud of you Jellybean," Iceman told his daughter. "I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys," Lani said with a smile before giving both of her parents a hug.

Nick and Carol moved back to San Diego to be closer to their friends. They enjoyed Santa Barbra, but they missed being so close to Kaia and Ian. Lani grew up being close with her three uncles Blaze, Maverick, and Goose. But she was closest to Maverick, they were always getting into some sort of trouble.

Lani was currently deployed to her squadron's air carrier, Carrier Air Wing 7, her squadron was called The Patriots. She joined The Patriots after graduating from Top Gun, she was a solo pilot, but upon joining the squadron she was given an RIO. She wasn't sure about Xavier at first, but she grew to love and trust him. They were two peas in a pod and became best friends. Xavier had previously graduated from Top Gun as well, a year before Lani. He used to fly as someone else's backseater but they never got along, his previous pilot was arrogant and would never listen to what he was saying so he requested to be at a different squadron, and that is where he met Lani.

"Winter, Silver. Phantom wants to see you in his office. Now," Captain Bone told them as they were getting off the tarmac. "Wonder what we did now," Xavier said. Winter shrugged, "I don't remember doing any pranks this morning. Do you?" Silver thought about it for a second before shaking his head. They both quickly showered and put on their uniforms and headed to their commander's office.

"Lieutenant Lani "Winter" Kazansky," Phantom said as he threw down her file and Xavier's onto his desk, "and Lieutenant Xavier "Silver" Jett. You two are a pain in my ass sometimes. But you are also the best the Navy has ever seen. Much like your parents Kazansky. It is a shame to lose you two." Xavier and Lani shared a look of confusion, "sir?" Phantom sat down, "Lieutenants, by the request of Admiral Kazansky you two are called back to Top Gun. I suggest you two pack your bags. You leave in 24 hours. That is all."

The Story Begins

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey, everyone! So, there we go! The story shall begin. I originally wasn't going to give Lani an RIO but then I had a thought and it's probably going to add some drama. 

Anywho! Hope you all enjoyed this little piece and are excited for the first chapter!