Chapter 1

Being invited back to Top gun was both exciting and unexpected. Xavier and Lani still had no information about the mission they were supposed to be trained on. However, being back in San Diego meant Lani got to see her family. She and Xavier made that their first stop, the Kazansky household.

Lani barely had time to knock on the door before it was flung open by her mom. Kaia practically tackled her daughter into a hug. "I have missed you! I knew you were on your way, but I didn't know when you would show," Kaia said. "I have missed you too, mom," Lani said as she returned the hug. Kaia let go and looked at Silver, "and you must be Xavier, come on in dear." She moved out of the way and let them both in. Iceman came from around the corner and smiled, "there is my Jellybean." Lani smiled and hugged him, "I've missed you, dad." Tom placed a kiss on her head, "I have missed you too. Oh, you must be Xavier." Silver nodded and held out his hand, "it is good to finally meet you, Admiral Kazansky." They shook hands, "I like this kid." Xavier smiled. When Winter told him they were going to see her parents he wanted to shit himself, not only was he going to meet Captain Kazansky, her mother but Admiral Kazansky. The Kazansky name was a big deal in the Navy. "Mrs. Kazansky you have a beautiful home." Kaia smiled, "thank you. Well, I hope you two are hungry I made Lani's favorite, poke."

Once they finished up dinner, Iceman gave both Silver and Winter a bit of an explanation about the mission and who they would be flying against to go on the mission. "Oh, great. If we fly with Hangman, we are dead for sure," Silver said. "Wait you know him?" Lani asked at his picture. "He was the one I used to fly with before you." Lani laughed, "no way, you never told me he was cute." Xavier groaned, "Winter no. Just no."

Lani's smile quickly faded when she saw the name Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw. "Great, Bradshaw is here?" Iceman raised an eyebrow before bringing up his picture, "if I remember correctly, you two haven't seen each other since the funeral." Kaia looked at the scowl on her daughter's face, "maybe it is time to make amends, dear." Lani sighed, "him first." Tom turned off the screen, "he is a family friend. Try not to kill him."

"Hey dad, everyone still goes to the Hard Deck, right?" Tom chuckled, "checking out the competition in person then?" Lani smirked, she had Iceman's signature smirk, "possibly but I am going to change first." Kaia picked up some dishes, "well, your old room is exactly the way you left it. Your clothes are still in there as well." Lani got up, "perfect! Going to the bar in uniform is so formal." Her mom laughed, "exactly what I used to think. Are you going to be staying here or at the base?"

"I was thinking about staying at the base and being here for the weekends," Lani replied. "Do you have a ride?" Her father asked. "X decided to get a rental so, we are sharing." Tom through her a pair of keys, "the bike your uncle Maverick gave you is in the garage." Lani's face lit up, "I thought she was in storage?" Tom shrugged, "might have brought it out knowing you would be here." Lani hugged him, "thanks, dad! Okay, let me go change first." She ran upstairs and down the hall to her room. Silver decided to help her mom clean up the dishes.

When Lani came down, she and Tom went down to the garage and took the cover off her bike before opening the garage

When Lani came down, she and Tom went down to the garage and took the cover off her bike before opening the garage. "I will meet you at the bar the X?" She asked him as he walked into the garage. "I prefer not to see Jake Seresin's stupid smug face before I have to go to bed." Lani laughed, "alright, do you mind taking everything back to our place then?" Xavier nodded, "I got it. Be safe, and don't be home too late," he said before saying goodbye to Iceman and Wipeout and leaving. "I will see you guys in a couple of days," Lani said to her parents. "Go show them what you are made of, and be safe," Tom said before hugging her. "You already got this, honey," Kaia said and hugged her. "Thanks for the heads up too. Love you guys!" Lani said as she put on her helmet before getting on her bike and heading to the hard deck.

 Love you guys!" Lani said as she put on her helmet before getting on her bike and heading to the hard deck

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey, everyone! Not updating every day feels super weird but I am trying to drag this out a bit. I believe they are releasing TGM on streaming services on the 23rd. So please be patient even though I know it's hard. I will do my best to come up with some things to add just to fill in till the movie is out. So, bear with me!

Anywho! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. See you for the next!