Chapter 26: Bad things always happen

Mia's POV:
Smith and I were walking home at night. I wanted to get all the editing done for the day and didn't even realise what the time was, it was 7:30 before we started to move. Smith had his arm around me and we laughed as we walked. We began to walk across the road. We were casually walking when I heard a loud screech and everything go black. I woke up and great pain, I was underneath a car with Smith lying beside me. "Smith?" I said quietly as my voice wouldn't let me go any higher. "Oh god, oh god ones alive," I heard an unknown voice say. "Run for it man we can't get caught," another said and I heard heavy footsteps. "Alex!" My adrenaline kicking into overdrive as I remembered what happened with my dad. "Alex wake up now please!" I grunted as he didn't move, it was dark so I couldn't see much but the shape of his body. I ran around to the other side realising my leg hurt so much but I didn't care I didn't even look at it. "Alex, Don't you dare fucking die on me not now!" I dragged him out from under the car a shooting pain shot up my arm but a just yelled it out, I wasn't letting Alex go not like I did my dad. I heard humours people open their doors and gasp or scream I don't know what they saw but I knew it must not have been pretty. I had just pulled Smith out and saw his face it was covered in blood and his left leg was snapped oddly. I stifled a scream and then felt exhausted. I went to just collapse when my adrenaline calmed down and pain just shot all through my leg and I collapsed in pain. A small but sharp piece of metal was imbedded in my leg. I turned my leg so the metal wasn't being forced further into my leg. I lay down beside Smith crying, I heard his heart beat so not all hope was lost but it sure felt like it. As I closed my eyes, I heard the sound of sirens and people yelling and loud heavy footsteps, but then everything blacked out.

Ross's POV: (I have to put the POV from someone else other than Smith or Mia for a certain reason and you can probably figure that out)
Late at night I got a phone call saying that Mia and Smith were hit by a car, I called Trott and he and Katie both raced over to the hospital. "I'm sorry but you cannot go see them as they are both in intensive care right now, come back tomorrow morning and we maybe can," the reception lady said. "Mia has been like me sister for so long and Alex is like a brother to me, tell us where their rooms are, now." I so felt like grabbing the reception lady but restrained myself. She told us where Alex and Mia were staying and told us it's best if we saw Alex first as he was in the worst condition. So Smith was like the bad news before the good news. I just had to look in the door of Smith room and no that he was in the worst shape that he would ever be. I turned away not wanting to go in and turned to Mia's door hesitating greatly to go in. "Ross you stood by her once stand by her again, don't worry about Smith I will make sure that he lives, you make sure that she does." Trott put a hand on my shoulder as I cried. I stepped into Mia's room and saw just as many cords on her, her leg as bound in bandages and there was a large spot of blood on it. I just stood in the door way frozen, Mia did look this bad the first time and she wasn't in intensive care either. "M-Mia," I stupidly said knowing that she couldn't respond. "Mia please don't leave me, I almost lost you once I don't want it to happen again but for real this time." I walked around to the chair sitting beside her bed. "Mia your like my little big sister, I feel like I need to protect you but also sometimes you need to protect me." I paused for a second to catch my breath. "I need you now Mia more than ever. Alex needs you, more than ever." I got up and left knowing that I wouldn't be able to bare it anymore. I sat outside the room and waited for Trott and Katie. "How was Smith," I asked.
"If you count being in a coma after a car crash, ok. I'd say he is doing fine. What about Mia."
"Same as Smith." Katie gave me a hug knowing that I needed it. "They will both survive, I can't see them without each other. "I try to picture you without me but I can't, cost we could be immortals." I started singing Immortals by Fall Out Boy and smiling. "When the days are cold, the cards all fold, and the saints we see are all made of gold," Trott started singing Demons by Imagine Dragons. "When your dreams all fail and the ones we hail are the worst of all and the bloods run stale," Katie continued.
"I wanna hide the truth I want to shelter you but with the beast inside there's no where we can hide." We all sang together. "No matter what we breed we're still made of greed, this is my kin dome come, this is my kingdom come." I nurse walking by clapped up and kept walking. I was actually laughing, I'm glad that we found a way to lighten the mood even if it was a memory of Smith and Mia. It was a good one, the song they sang when they came together, it was their song.