FORTY-FOUR

ALORA'S POV

Fuck!
Fuck!!
Fuck!!!

Men laid on the floor, blood after blood. Some were dead, others at the brink of death and some just unconscious.

I went over to one that I saw was just unconscious, "wake the fuck up you!!!" I said, kicking him awake. "This place is supposed to be a fucking safe house, how the fuck did Vincenzo find it?!!!" I yelled to no one In particular, I wasn't prepared to loose the twins, and definitely didn't want Pablo to loose them because of me.

"This place has not geographical code." Rome came up to me and said, "English Rome." I replied, "I mean, this place can't be tracked down and the address can't be hacked." Pablo looked at Rome and nodded his head, admitting that what he infact said was right.

"Which means---" I started "--someone must have given Vincenzo the exact address and told him the exact time he could come and find the twins and Frida  here. And I suppose you-" Rome said pointing to Pablo "-didn't expect anybody to find this address , so you put less guards here and more at the estate" Rome said

"But the guards on the floor don't look like "less'."I  pointed out, "they are not, but compared to the ones left behind at the estate, they are less." Pablo explained and Rome continued "whoever told Vincenzo where your siblings were, must have told him the number of guards he was up against"

"Which means whoever told him must be part of the guards, or someone who gives order to the guards" I said "but not just any guard" Rome said "they must have been someone who Is capable of controlling how many guards were to be situated here, because as we know, Vincenzo left some of his guards at his former hideout here in Mexico when he left for Sicily, and he sent some back here, which means he already knew the exact guards he needed to kidnap your mother and your siblings successfully" Rome finished

We heard a gun shot and hurried to where it came from, and we saw Emiliano having drawn his gun aiming it at one of the guards "why would you fucking do that?!!!!" I yelled. "I put him out of his misery." He replied in his monotone voice. "Who gave you that order?" Pablo asked and Emiliano lowered his head "no one sir," Pablo looked at him and said "you're here to follow rules, not make your own, Is that fucking clear or should I put you out of your  misery?" Pablo asked, "entendido jefe" (understood boss)

Pablo looked at him for the longest of time, and walked out

~~~~~~~BACK AT THE ESTATE~~~~~~~

It was just Pablo, Tiffany, Emiliano, Rome and myself at the dinning table. Pablo always made sure we gathered go eat, it was his one tradition.

Pablo had been so tense, and as usual he didn't want to talk about his mother or siblings that were gone, I put my hand on his hands on the table and he sighed "first thing tomorrow morning, we're heading to Italy." Everyone nodded and left except Pablo and myself

"We'll find them" I said and he looked at me with hatred and pain "we had better, because I would never forgive you if we do not." He said standing up abruptly and walking out. I watched him as walked out, and believe me when I said I tried to stop the tears that fell right after.

He had every right to be mad, this was my fault.

I stayed at the dinning table for a while, then I stood up to walk to the room I've been staying at. As I got to a corner I saw Emiliano quietly sneaking out of my room, and I hid at the corner and watched as he locked the door quietly.

After waiting till he was gone, I walked calmly like nothing had happened into the room. When I entered the room, the first thing that caught my eyes was the burner phone placed neatly on my bed. As if on queue the phone started ringing.

I let it ring for the first time, and then it started ringing again and I cautiously picked it up, "I was starting to think you had started ignoring me on purpose" Vincenzo said, "surprised to hear from me?"

"How's Pablo?" He asked and I didn't reply "I have someone that would love to speak with you." He said again and I heard some rustling before- "Alora?!" They said in unison and I could feel another tear slip out.

I didn't know what to say, I honestly didn't, "Miguel? Miguella?" I asked "yes, it's us" Miguel replied, "we're fine, but please hurry up" miguella rushed out before the phone was snatched from her. "See? They're fine!.... For now" Vincenzo said tauntingly.

"What do you want Vincenzo?" I asked "You" he replied simply "hop on the next flight to Italy, I bought you a ticket which you would see on your bed" and surely enough there was a ticket on the bed, I guess the burner phone was placed on top "my men would pick you at the airport, Don't try to be funny Alora."

"As you would know, I have no issue with killing kids" he threatened and hung up. Throwing the burner phone as hard as I could to the wall it broke in pieces.

Emiliano

How did we not notice? He was always at the wrong place at the right time.

Walking out of my room I went into the guards wing and went to his room, he was fast asleep. The bastard! the nerve of this guy.

Sitting beside him in bed, I placed my knife on his throat and that woke him up immediately. "If you move your head sideways, up or down. My knife will slice your head off your body." I said and he looked at me with confusion, "what are you doing?" He asked.

"What were you doing in my room?" I asked and his eyes widen in fear "why did you kill that guard?" I asked "let me guess, he threatened to tell Pablo and I that you helped Vincenzo's men kidnap the twins and Frida?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I swear." He begged "I would have loved to seat here and watch you beg, but I've got a flight to catch" I said "so here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to use this duct tape to cover your mouth and I will slit your throat. You won't be able to cough out blood" I said as I used the duct tape to seal his mouth

"Therefore you would both suffocate and bleed out to death, it's a quick death honestly, given the fact that if I didn't have somewhere I needed to be, I'd have tortured you Soo bad that you would beg me to kill you" I said as I slit his throat "adiós subjefe" (goodbye underboss)

Vincenzo, here I come!

*********

Until next time muchachos 🍑

Marhthildarh

Xxxxxxx