Chapter Eighteen (Morning roses)

I was picking flowers in a very beautiful garden and saw mommy and Gelle preparing the picnic basket with smiles in their faces. My dad call me by the blinding light, I run into his open arm and hug him closed, inhale his scent. It is the scent of my old man.

"Gale?"

"Daddy."

"I love you so much, dear."

"I love you too Dad."

"Baby sorry but it's time to say good bye."

"No! Don't leave me alone Dad, wait for me. I'm coming."

I saw my dad disappear in the white sky I try to catch up. I run and throw away the flowers I pick then call mom and Gelle but they never heard instead they continued what they are doing. I sob and called Dad for one last time that he might change his mind but he never look back and I'm all alone.

*******

I woke up from a hideous dream. Daddy, please don't give up on us. Lord can't have him this time, I'm begging you. I cover my mouth and prayed letting out my pain while I sobbed. The dark feel so cold, setting up and feel the soft mattress creak. I look around for any sign of Toby but he isn't in the room. This big four walled vacuum is making me sick. I get up of the bed and turn on the lights as it bathed the whole room I saw my purse in the mini table and check my phone. There's an email from my sister.

Hey sis,

Dad is doing great. The doctor said there is a great chance he'll be out next month. And because of that we are going to celebrate. Not to mention I got a new job and no worries we can survive this. So baby, keep fighting! We all love you.

I wipe my tears and softly laugh as I read the message. Dad is doing fine. Thank you so much God. Checking the time it is 3 in the morning. Toby isn't around so I decided to go down stairs. It was tenderly silent that I only hear my ragged breathing; this place is certainly big and why am I looking for him? My mind flashes the things that happen last night and because of that I'm now in his house wearing his big shirt that covers my thigh and a messy hairdo. Tip toeing, I saw a silhouette of a man in a couch. Is that Toby? I slowly walk to the couch. I can barely see his position with the blinding darkness.

Phew it was him, peacefully sleeping on his PJ's and white shirt. I look over him and decided to go upstairs to get him some blanket, he might get cold.

"Sleep tight, peppy pants." I touch his nose after tucking him in and go back upstairs.

I make myself comfortable in the king size bed but somehow I don't feel comfortable at all. I can't even close my eyes because if I did I'd only see Toby, his lips and our passionate kisses and it's making me go loco. Why? Pouting and balancing things off. I'm his 'secretary' plus 'old enemy' times now 'kissing in tandem' divided by 'crazy feelings' equals stupidity. I ache somewhere inside me, shoot this raging hormones. I close my eyes and imagined myself sleeping with Toby, nah never in my dreams it will happen!

I did circles and do sideways but still can't sleep. What to do? I remember Toby sleeping tightly on the couch, biting my lip maybe I'll sleep on the couch too. Maybe in that way I could sleep tight like him. This big bed is suffocating me. Getting myself out of the bed I go down stairs. The couch is big the two of us will fit knowing I'm too small beside him. I feel goose bumps maybe this going to be a bad idea hmmp there is no harm in trying.

Lying down beside him I feel the warmth of his skin and make me tingle everywhere. Putting his arm around my waist, tucking as both in when he just so suddenly shift his position twisting my waist and now I'm above him lying on his stomach. Shoot! I try to slowly wiggle for and escaped but he grips me so hard that I think I'll break. Having no choice I rest my head to his beating heart like listening to my favorite melody. I smile and start to fall asleep, see I can sleep better this way. Lifting my arm I touch his silky hair and stared at just get lost with it. I should be sleeping, with this rebellious thought I trace his jaw and lips with my index finger and closed my eyes as I remember them on me. I feel him somehow relaxed with my touch while I feel like burning.