Chapter Three (My new home)

"Gale Martin? Over here!"

A female voice beam from afar bringing up a placard with my name. Yes I'm Gale Martin. I smile and walk to the girl in a messy bond she is a brunette, and pretty petite body, she's in a pink dress. Perfect, she is same as my sister's age. Maybe she is my sister's friend.

"Haley Colton?" I tried to sound friendly even I'm a bit confused if she is my sister's friend or another way around.

Who knows in New York a big city you can't trust automatically.

"Exactly! Hi welcome to New York." She then gave me a warm welcome.

New home! I then misses home that any moment I'm gonna cry. Of course I'm the youngest daughter and being afar home is an agony.

"Like the place?" She ask out of the blue when she sense I'm starting to be home sick.

"Yeah." I lied.

"The airport is very class A."

"I know and I miss Philippines too, I was thinking of visiting there someday." She helped with my luggage as we head to a cab.

"Yeah." All I could do was agree to her cheerfulness and friendly gesture. I miss my sister, no correction I miss home.

I shook my head and sing the mantra inside my brain 'For Dad, Mom and Gelle. Take a grip Martin. The cab pull off and we venture the big city. All I could do was to say  'Oooh' and 'Aaah' then followed by 'Wow' and 'Oow'. Tall skyscrapers, shops, busy people in there fancy clothes, speaking through phone and many more.

I glance to Haley, she clasp my hand and smiled.

"It's going to be okay Darling."  Such a intimate endearment. I miss Dad and Mom, I never stop myself and sob in my new friend's arms in a big urban jungle.

"Shhhh, you won't enjoy the view if you cry."

I nodded and yes she was right the view was wonderful to miss. Her apartment was small yet very cozy. I put  on my luggage and she showed me my room. Very nice and comfortable.

"I call you when dinner is serve."

"Thanks Haley, I'll be there, I think I had a jet lag maybe I'll rest for a while."

"Okay."

Then she was out the door. I close it and pulled my phone and dialled home.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Hi nobady's home right now so just leave a message after the beep……"

I cried and compose my voice. Yes Dad was sick, I know.

"Hey Mom, Gelle! Wow NY is nice. I just arrived and Haley was very nice to be with, my room is nice and cozy...." I sobbed

"Mom, Gelle don't worry about me I love you all and send Dad my love. Bye I'll call if I got the job. Bye!" 

I cried and cried, after I recovered a little, I start unpacking my things and arranged it. I took a warm shower and wear my pajamas and loose shirt of my father. Oh, I miss him.

"Dinner's ready Gale!" Haley shouted at the kitchen.

I  scuffle on my feet to the kitchen and we ate fried chicken, macaroni and drink some pineapple juice.

I enjoyed the dinner.

"You know what, try your best tomorrow okay!" She said after we finished washing the plates.

"Okay." We sit on her red leather chair and turned on the TV and watch Next Top Model Cycle 2.

"My boyfriend is hot and lovingly charming but your soon to be boss is more  stunning, Oow, his hot and wow amazing." She fan herself exasperated and collapse on the chair.

"Well I came her to get a job and not to hook up with a boss, Haley." I said as a matter of fact.

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure you'll drool if you meet Toby." She grimace and look at me.

As I heard the name my heart started pounding loud and erratic.

"Hmmm, I'm tired Haley. I got to pray that I get a job by tomorrow. Good night." I stood and kiss her cheeks then went straight to my room.

As I rest body into a deep sleep. Toby? Toby? Toby? My heart pounds strangely again. Why? Why? What's on that name? I then close my eyes. Maybe I just act paranoid.

In my new home where I start my fate. I fall into a deep sleep thinking of Toby, a strange name.

way to go guys! hehehe keep reading and I'll keep throwing bombshell for you to wait  :) hehehehe xOxO uncovered: ) read, vote and comments!  Just message me any moment :)

Click the video on the right it the song playing when Gale's plane touchdown New Yorks Airport. Hope you like it.

I got it With the tinker Bell movie and fall in love with it now here in my book. Two thumbs up for Tinker Bell the pirate movie. Arrrrrr! Pirate. I love Pirates.