Chapter Four (The Job Hunt)

I wake up early as they New York sun's rays poking on my window. I look over my bedside table checking the time it was 7:30 am already! Did I sleep like zombie not minding the time!? I'm gonna be late and that would suck! I hurriedly took a shower and rummage my locker. Today I'll be hunting a Job yet first if I never get lucky, I need to hunt for another. Tsk, hunger games baby!

I get my new blue pencil skirt, white blouse. Yeah! My lucky color of the day, I grab my 3 inches black  stellitoes. Staring at my soon to be uniform if and only if I get the job, okay check! Let the Job Hunt begin. I was dress and applied a little make-up on my face, mascara and pink lipstick, I just let my shoulder length hair hair hang loose. Looking at the mirror, taking a deep breath.

"Dig down deeper Gale Martin!" I cheered myself.

I walk through the kitchen and saw Haley in her blue apron making scramble egg, hotdog and some sunny side up egg then Bacon. Oww! Like she was prepaid for work too. Lucky sister having this very amazing friend,  how about I  interrogate her sometime about their friendship story.

"Good Morning." I  smiled.

"Good Morning too. Wow! You look stunning." I blush at her comment.

"Now darling eat lot as you can, breath, for today is your big day." She said dragging me to chair and placing all the food and a milk on the table. She is very hospitable.

"You know Haley, you really should not do this, I'm afraid it's too much."

She gave a scowl with a big printed letters on her forehead saying DRAMA!

"Okay, if I find a great permanent job to dig in, I'll pay your apartment or I'll find my new one." I said trying to change the discussion.

"No worries darling it's up to you but you can stay wherever you like."

I started eating, when I'm fully done my belly is so heavy after we clean the dishes she help me look for a cab. She can't go with me of course I hated being babysit so no worries, knowing she also has a job at school knowing she's a teacher.

"Sorry darling, my boyfriend is still fixing my car so this time you gotta get a cab." She said apologetically.

"It's okay, taking a cab sounds cool like yesterday."

"So here's your cab."

I yellow cab park in front of us then a driver in his 40's pop his head and smiled at us. Haley went forward and talk to the cab driver while a just stared at them with their little chat. The cab driver would just nod of what Haley said.

"Okay Darling your good to go."

I kiss her cheeks good bye and I get in the cab.

"I'm Tino and you?" The friendly cab driver watch me over the rearview mirror.

"Pilipino."  Just that keyword I smiled.

"Gale." I extended my hand's over the driver seat, it was a little bit awkward we shook hands while his driving.

"So Job Hunting huh?" I blushed did Haley mentioned it to him?

"Yes."

"So your new, looking for a Job by that, Welcome to New York Baby!"

"Thanks Tino."

The day was gay, very lovely we took the ride chatting and laughing about our Pilipino favorites and I love it.

"Looks like where here Baby."

The car stopped and I gathered my wit at the back seat closing my eyes and riciting my mantra  'For Dad, Mom and Gelle. Take a grip Martin.' My heart pounds loudly at my chest, like it hike a triathlon in Olympic.

I get out the cab and stared at the enormous building that intimated my whole being. Am I going to apply in here? It's like I don't suit. I gathered my guts and strength, fix my hair and composed my self.

"Wish me Luck Tino." I said.

"Good Luck and God Bless you Gale."

I turn around and gave Tino my payment but he shook his head.

"Keep it, you know we Pilipino we fought to live. Just think its my Job Hunt gift." He gave a very assuring smile.

"Thanks Manong Tino." I almost cry but I bit my lip to fight back my traitorous tears.

Manong Tino sped off leaving me in the cold concrete in one of New York leading Company. The Skyscraper was elegantly standing with pride and beauty. Expensive door frames and a tall story building, amazing titanium railings and in a small mini garden in bold letters of strong steel were written 'VALDEZ ENTERPRISES' this is it my fate, hope I find it in here. Hope I get the job.

My heart then starts pounding and now throbbing that it's weird. In a large gulp of air, take a grip Martin. I then walk across the pathway and made my way to the class A revolving door.

My Job Hunt! Hope I land on a better place.

Hi readers keep reading :) have a nice day ahead guys! hehehe read my story :)

read, comments, vote and love it.. To tell you honestly I got in love with Toby Valdez wahahaha keep reading guys !

xOxO uncovered  :)