Prologue

This is a work of fiction. This story which follows a realistic timeline of events in Michael Jackson's life is purely fictional. Any resemblance to actual events or encounters are coincidental or for entertainment purposes only.

Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.

Copyright © 2013 K.Shaniece

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

~*~

"Mrs. Lopez, have a seat." 

Liliana sat down in the chair across from her boss. 

"How are you today beautiful?" he asked.

"I'm great, ready to work, what's up?"  She ran her fingers through her long black hair waiting for him to say what was so important.

"We're having very special guests visit in a few weeks and you being Mickey and Minnie's handler means you'll be one of the people close to them most of the time probably.  Remember you still have to be their eyes and ears and you may be a little excited but you still have to watch the time, stay focus.  I just have to make sure you'll be able to handle this."

"Who's coming? The president?" she giggled.

"No no no, Michael Jackson and his wife Lisa Marie."

Liliana felt a little heart flutter when he said Michaels name.  It reminded her of her lost love, Micah.   "I'll be perfectly fine Bill."

"Okay good.  I'm gonna set up a meeting with the other handlers to let them know as well."

"Okay."  She gave off a smile with a hint of worry.  She stood up.

"You okay?" he asked noticing.

"I'm fine," she said smiling.

She started walking to the backstage to meet up with her characters.  She couldn't stop thinking about Micah and the fact that she was going to see his cousin Michael in person for the first time.  In that moment, she missed Micah and started feeling regret again.  But her thoughts were interrupted when she felt something soft and big hit up against her head.

"Oww," she said turning around.

"What are you in deep thought about?"  It was Mickey, well Ryan, her best friend as well.

"Just get dressed so we can go out."

"What did Bill want to talk to you about?" he asked in his fading Canadian accent.  He hadn't been to his hometown since he was a little boy.

"Michael Jackson and his wife will be coming in a few weeks to visit so he was giving me a heads up."

Ryan's mouth dropped and he smiled and playfully hit her arm.

"What?" she asked smiling and looking at him like he was crazy.

"Maybe you can ask him some questions."

"No," she said shaking her head back and forth.  She sighed and put her hands on her hips which meant she didn't want to talk about it anymore.

Ryan threw his hands up in surrender.  "Fine."  He went to go get ready.

Liliana went to the mirror and brushed her hair and her bang down, just thinking.  The year was 1995 and she was a changed woman.  She was stronger and more open-minded.  She stopped working overnights when she returned back to her job.  Her decision to work as a handler was an important change in her life.  She wanted to interact with people and not hide and be so closed anymore.  She loved her new job and she even met some great friends along the way.  She was no longer lonely and the highlight of her day was always going home to the love of her life.

She had a fun day at work like always, but when she was driving home, she started thinking of Micah again.  Not one day went by when she didn't think of him but these feelings were a little different.  She was going to come face to face with someone who was related to him, although Micah told her he didn't talk to Michael.  They knew each other but Micah said they weren't in contact or close at all.  But still, she was nervous about seeing him because she always thought they shared a slight resemblance and she knew she would want to ask him questions...

But then Liliana remembered there was no need for that because Michael wouldn't know anything and besides, Ava, who she knew as Sarah, already answered all of her questions in that letter she placed in her mailbox back in 1988.