Chapter 1

It was a sunny warm March day in Disneyland and Michael was excited to be there with his wife Lisa Marie.  They were all hanging out in a private area waiting to be united with some Disney characters.  Michael requested a few to walk around with through the park.

Michael was wearing a long sleeved red button up and black slacks with his famous loafers.  He had on shades and a fedora.

“Do you want to hold the umbrella outside?” Ava asked him.

He shook his head no.  “I should be fine like this.”

“Michael can we get a pic of you and Lisa?” a man asked.

Ava stepped aside and Michael and Lisa stood side by side and held each other and smiled for the flashing camera.

“Oh yay, here they are,” Lisa said letting go of him and smiling at the entrance of Minnie and Mickey.

Michael smiled and waved to them as they waved back coming closer.  Liliana was right behind Mickey and Ava glanced at her then quickly looked again and realized who it was.  She tried to hide the fact that she was freaking out on the inside. 

Michael and Lisa gave the characters hugs.  Then the cameras started flashing again.  Liliana laughed at Mickey being silly and Michael instantly turned to look at her, he remembered her laugh.  He couldn’t believe who he was looking at but he tried not to stare.  He felt empty and like he was going to faint.  Liliana didn’t even look at him, she was very calm and acting herself.  Michael looked over at Ava and noticed the fear on her face and then he knew he wasn’t going crazy.  “Can I have some water before we head out?”

“Oh yes of course,” Bill said.

Ava snapped out of it and got Michael a water bottle knowing it was her duty.  She took a hard swallow and handed it to him.  “You okay?” she asked him.

He shook his head ‘yes.’  “I’m fine.”  He handed her back the bottle glancing at Liliana again.  “Wait, may I use the bathroom?”

Someone showed him the way and he locked himself inside.  He felt like he was going to cry.  He was reminded of the love he had for Liliana and all the wrong he’d done to her.  He thought it was over and he thought he would never have to see her again but there she was and he felt like God was punishing him.  He wanted her to disappear.  He had no idea why she was there but he held back his tears.

Ava knocked on the door.  “Are you okay?  It’s just me.”

He unlocked the door and she walked in.  “Are you going to be okay?”

“What is she doing here?  Is that her?”

“I think so.  You saw her more than I ever did.”

“Her laugh…but…” he sighed and leaned over the sink and put his head down.

“Well she worked here.”

“Yes but overnight.”

“Well from the looks of it she’s a handler now.”

“She was never a people person.  I think I’m just going crazy.  That’s not her.”

“You don’t remember what she looked like?”

“It’s been seven years.”  Michael knew her face though.  He could never forget it no matter how she changed her hair.  He knew deep down it was her and undesirably all his feelings for her were surfacing and ready to burst through.  “I can’t.”

“Michael it’s not that big of a deal.  You’re not Micah, she doesn’t care about you.”

“Don’t say that name.”  He didn’t want to be reminded of the shameful stunt he pulled with her.