16th

Harpers pov:

Benny and I were on our way to the sandlot, "so um Phillips was talking to me in the parking lot after the appt today." I said quietly, while Benny's face turned from happy to protective. "What did he do to you?" He said stopping in the middle of the walkway, "nothing. He just said he was sorry and how he wanted me to forgive him." "Well did you forgive him?" Benny said in a harsh tone, "Benny calm down. No I said I'm not ready to forgive him, and he gave me a check to help with the dr appointment." I said looking into Benny's hazel eyes, gosh. His eyes are perfection, same with him jet black hair- "Harper!" My thoughts were interrupted by Benny yelling my name. "What!" I said kinda scared. "Let me know next time that jerk comes near you. I will curb stomp him so hard, that he will end up in the hospital." He said continuing to walk towards the gate of the sandlot. I sighed then followed him into the gate.

All the boys came rushing up to me.
"When can you play??"
"Wanna be shortstop today?"
The boys were jumping at me with questions, "um guys. She still has a boot on, and a crutch." Squints says, while the rest of the boys sighed. "It's only until my appointment next week." I said trying to lighten the mood, "I guess. But next week you better be healed. Because yeah-yeah here isn't very good at short-stop." Bertram said, yeah-yeah slapped him across the head. "I will try." I said, "man I hate the Phillips brothers for doing that. Lucas is an idiot and Phillips, well his head is shoved too far up his ass!" Ham said while the others laughed in agreeing. Now is probably not a good time to tell them that Phillips tried to apologize to me.

"Ok play ballllll." Ham yelled, squatting into his catcher position.
I sat down in the dugout, playing on my phone. After about an hour or so the boys all came to the dugout for a break, "we should have a campout." Squints said, "yeah-yeah." Yeah-yeah said, "I'm down." The rest chimed in, then looked at me. "Um well I'm not sure if I can get up there," I said. "You got us to help you." Benny said grinning at me, "I guess."
Then we all went home to eat dinner and get our stuff because it was getting late.

-In the treehouse-
Harpers pov:
We all got into the treehouse, after helping Harper up the ladder.
"I'm bored." Smalls said.
"We should play truth or dare." Bertram said.
"What are we 5?" Squints said.
"Oh come on! It will be fun." I said, everyone else agreeing.

"Ok Bertram truth or dare, since it was your idea." I said sitting on sleeping bad, which was a few feet away from Benny's. "Ok truth." He responded, I scoffed. "Wussy." "is it true that you kissed amber behind the bleachers last year?" I said, "um yeah. It was her idea." Bertram said while his face was bright red, "ok ew, ask someone." "squints truth or dare?" Bertram said smiling, "dare!" Squints said, "I dare you to lick hams toe!" he said, while everyone else was either grossed out or giggling. Squints licked hams toe while everyone was gagging because of the stinch, "ewwwwww." Squints turned towards me, he smiled, "truth or dare?" "Dare. I ain't a wussy." I said. Then I regretted my choice, not in a bad way. Just regretted it.

"I dare you to kiss Benny for 30 seconds." Squints yelled, I looked at Benny. He was bright red, the others were giggling. But I was silent, maybe this will be good. Maybe my feeling will be sorted out, I'm not sure. "Any day now," Squints said. I looked at Benny he was smirking, I scooted closer to him. We both leaned in- just like the 4th of July. Fireworks were going off, but this time inside me. The butterflies in my stomach felt like they were going to explode, I was over the moon.
We pulled away from our kiss, which seemed way more than 30 seconds.
"Goodness, you guys shoulda stopped 2 minutes ago!" Timmy yelled as he lowered his hands from Tommy's eyes.
"Oops, sorry." I said, prolly bright red.
I looked back at Benny, he had the biggest smile on his face.

It was getting late so we decided to get some sleep. I layed down in my sleeping bad, I think Benny liked that kiss. He knows I like him, so are we together? What are we? My thoughts were going crazy, I sat up. I looked around thinking about what to do, I can't go anywhere, my leg is always in the way. Screw it.
I tried to stand up, but almost stumbled. Imma die right here just trying to escape this stupid treehouse. I was a few steps away from the exit when I heard ham snore really loud, I jumped. Then I made my way out onto the balcony because there was no way I was gonna make it down the ladder by myself.
I slid down against the outside wall of the Timmons treehouse, and I looked up at the stars. I wonder where my dad is, does he like his stupid new family? Well at least enough to forget about his old family, you know we never get birthday or even Christmas cards. I turned my head towards 1st base, something about 1st base. It's like the newly married couple, or the first step in an amazing friendship, or it's the 1 step you did wrong in a relationship. Like you have an amazing friend but don't want to get with him because relationships either make you, or break you. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the balcony wood squeak, I turned my head from 1st base.......

-end of chapter-