23th

Jess's pov:
We all walked into the Rodriguez's house and sat on the couch, it was very awkward. Benny and Harper never said a word to each other, they just made eye-contact then looked away. Paislee and James were playing toys together, and Laura was trying not to cry, she got the news a few moments after us. From a phone call.

"Ok Benny, take Harper and I to your room. Didn't you get a new poster?" I said finally after the silence.
"Oh um yeah, sure." He said going up the stairs, as Harper and I followed.

"Harper talk to him." I whisper-yelled at her, "no. He clearly is pissed at me, I'm not going to make it worse." She said, snapping back. "Oh no. He does, you literally snuck off to see him last night." She gasped, "yeah I saw you leave." I said as we walked into Benny's room. It had baseball everywhere. Benny sat on his desk chair, Harper and I sat on his bed. In silence.

"Ok you guys talk, you both clearly love each other. But yet you are mad at her for a stupid secret, a secret maybe 7 people knew." I said glaring at Benny, "and you. I don't why you are mad at him?" I said giving Harper a confused look. They both just stared at me, then each other. "I'm sorry again." Harper finally said, then gave me a 'go away' look.
So I walked out of the room and went to talk to mrs Rodriguez.

Benny's pov:
Harper and I just sat there. "Your fine, I'm the one who got mad at you for a secret. And then broke up with you when you were dealing with many other things." I said, whew. That felt good to get off my chest. Harper smiled, "it's ok. I should have told you awhile ago." She said walking towards me, and pulling me into a hug. "So what are we?" She asked.
"Together." I paused, "well if you want to be." I said looking at her.
"Yes" she said, "good. I missed you, I will be right by your side." I said pulling her downstairs to Jess and my mom.

"You solves the problems?" My mom said, "yes." Harper said, still holding my hand.
"Thanks Jess, oh you are so welcome!" Jess said to herself, while Harper and I thanked her.

Harpers pov:
"Can we visit my mom?" I asked Laura. "Of course, can you tell the little ones?"
"Yea sure." I said as I ran upstairs to Paislee's room, she gave me a big hug- I kinda forgot about her.
"Ok let's go see mom." I said grabbing the 2 little ones and taking them to the car.
And then we drove to the hospital.
Benny was squished next to me and he held my hand. He knew I was getting nervous.
What if we can't see her? What if we are too late? No, positive thoughts.

We got to the hospital, I ran out of the car and in-through the doors.
I got to the check-in desk, "hello. Where is Catherine Adams?" "Down that hall, second door on your left." The lady said, I ran towards the doors. Here goes nothing.

I walked inside to see my mom, she looked not terrible.
"Hey mama!" I said leaning and giving her a hug.
"Hey baby, how are you?" She said smiling.
"Benny and I got back together, and James is home. I don't know about Cher, but Jess stayed with me." I said out of breath. The others walked in, giving her hugs.

"Hey Laura." Mama said giving her a hug.
"How are you?" Laura said.
"I'm better than yesterday. No more tests." Mama said.
"That's good." Laura said, she was tearing up.

We were all having a conversation and about 30 minutes the nurse came in.
"Hello Catherine. I'm sorry to bother you all but we are going to give Catherine some more medicine, so you guys can't be in here." She said, we all nodded. "When can my mommy come back home?" James asked the nurse.
"Well she can tomorrow if she is feeling better, then she will stay home for a bit. Then come back and do the second round of chemo or treatment." She said, "oh ok. Well bye mommy" James said giving her a hug, same with the rest of us.

We all went out for ice cream to celebrate that mom might come home tomorrow.
I saw a person I didn't want to see, Phillips. He was working, scooping the ice cream.
"Oh hey Adams and Rodriguez's." He said. Laura fake smiled, and Benny glared.
"Hi Phillips." I said, in an eh attitude. "How's your shin?" He asked.
"It's great, only took a few weeks to recover since your jerk brother broke it." Benny said, furious.
Phillips smirked, "well I apologized. I'm sorry my brother did that." He said.
"Are you? Are you Phillips?" Laura said, "yes ma'am." Phillips said.
"Whatever." I heard Benny say as we got our ice cream.

"He's a jerk." Paislee said, her mom shocked. "Paislee grace! Do not say that, where did you learn that?" Laura said loudly. "From Harper." She said smiling at me, mrs Rodriguez put on her scary-mama face and stared at me. "Sorry mrs Rodriguez, i didn't know she would repeat that." I said, Benny laughed. "What am I going to do with you!" Laura said jokingly, I rolled my eyes.
We all got back in the car and drove home, Jess James and I decided to stay at the Rodriguez's tonight. Jess took the couch, James with Paislee, and me with Benny.

"Ok you two, don't do any funny business. Got me?" Laura said closing Benny's door, "yes ma'am" we both said.

-end of chapter-