Chapter 2 - Hope isn't lost yet

Before I went to the wonder stage, I paid another visit to Rui, it's the same as ever, no sign of anything, eyes shut, when I was about to leave, Nene and Emu came in.

Tsukasa, Emu, Nene

Emu walked up to me, before I knew it, she slapped me right in my face. This is the first time I've see Emu upset, actually, this is the first time anyone has seen her upset.

"YOU IDIOT!"

This shook both me and Nene, we've never heard her saying anything like that, let alone yelling at any of us because she's angry.

"Emu, calm down..."

"I WAS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED, I SAW EVERYTHING, DO YOU KNOW THE IMPACT IT HAS ON NOT JUST THE WONDER STAGE, BUT THE ENTIRE WONDERLAND ITSELF?"

"Emu-"

"I'VE BEEN SUPPRESSING ALL MY EMOTIONS, ALL THOSE YEARS, I SMILED THROUGH ALL THOSE BACKLASHES, I'M DONE HIDING IT."

So that's why she's always cheerful, to hide her emotions. I noticed a trail of tears.

"Emu, listen to me, we all can cry later, but now we have to discuss ways we can save the wonder stage."

"What do you mean, the stage is doomed, without Rui, no shows can be perfect."

"We still have Miku and Kaito"

"You mean... We're off to SEKAI?

"Yes, we will save the wonder stage."

"But... Where do we start untitled? We need a less conspicuous place."

"The bathroom stalls, this is the least conspicuous place I can think of."

"You don't mean..."

"No Emu you idiot."

"Ok ok I get it."

Once we got to our places, on a phone call, I gave the signal and we played untitled simultaneously.

I opened my eyes, the hues of SEKAI is less radiant and looks faded, it looks dull. Is this corresponding to my feelings? Sadness only dulls the SEKAI?

______________________________________________

Sora's notes:

So Emu's hidden emotions is like Shinobu (demon slayer), always smiling but inside is depressed