t e n

***

***

Six and I stood in front of Claire and my dad as we walked across the long, elegant bridge leading to the other side of the ginormous castle. The three adults had their guns raised. Although my dad only had one had he could use as of right now.

If you had asked me a week ago what I thought I'd be doing right now... It would not have been this.

I heard yelling and ad Six stuck his arm out, stopping all of us.

"Do either of you have a plan or are you just improvising?" my dad questioned. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, we have a plan" Six panted, sending me a look.

"You got your swim trunks?" I questioned, looking back at my dad. We could jump off of this bridge and into the water.

Gunshots went off and I immediately grabbed Claire and we all ducked to take cover.

I stood up and aimed my gun, Six and I sot back at Lloyd and his men. I don't think I've ever hated anyone more than I hate Lloyd.

We backed away from the ledge and sat against a large pillar, out of sight.

"You're making me destroy a historic building here!" Lloyd yelled before rapid gunfire went off again.

"All right, let's get ready to jump" Six sighed as he stood up.

"I think I'm gonna have to take the stairs" my dad grunted.

"What-" I paused, standing up to shoot back at Lloyd's men "are you talking about?"

I turned around my gulped as I saw the blood soaking my dad's white shirt. Claire sobbed and I quickly wrapped my arms around her.

He's gonna be okay. If we can get him out of here fast enough he'll be okay.

"Not good" my dad wheezed.

"What the hell is that?" Six asked. I smacked the back of his head.

"Ow"

"What do you think it is?" my dad shot back. He sent me a look and I shook my head. We're not leaving him.

"Go, Six. Get them out of here"

"Dad-" I began. Six growled in annoyance and stood back up to shoot at Lloyd's men. Claire sobbed louder, keeping her ears covered.

"Take the gun give me the grenade" I furrowed my eyebrows at my dad's demands.

"Let me see it put some pressure on it," Six said frantically. I quickly unbuttoned his bloodied shirt.

"Dad get the damn gun out of my face!" I yelled as I tried to think of what we could do. I'm not leaving him here I refuse.

My dad began to protest but Six quickly cut him off "shut up! I need to think"

"You don't have time to think!" he yelled. I let out a frustrated sigh and ran my hands through my hair. If I let him do this I'll never forgive myself.

"Look at me, both of you!" he demanded "look at me!" we both hesitantly turned our heads to him "I'm out"

"No. No, you're not" I protested, my heart was thumping so hard I thought it might explode. I placed my hands on either side of my dads sweaty face "you're not- you're not out we're just gonna figure something out" I said desperately.

"Get them out of here" he grunted, giving Six a firm look.

"This is insane!" I yelled at him "Six don't do this!"

"Take this. Give me a hand grenade. You understand me? Go!" he yelled, holding out the gun. I felt like everything I held closest to me was slowly being ripped away.

"I just got you back I can't lose you again" I stammered. Six handed him the hand grenade and took the gun. I raised my eyebrows in shock.

"No!" I screamed, "we're not leaving him!"

"Come on, Scar" Six sighed as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me up "Six don't agree to this! If you- if you agree to this I'll hate you forever I swear!"

Six paused for a moment, but then shook his head.

"It doesn't matter if you hate me or not. I just have to make sure you're safe" he stated.

"I love you, Scar" my dad whispered, sending me a look. I'm not okay with this. Six was still focused on shooting at the men while I was focused on my dad.

Claire opened her eyes and immediately freaked out when she saw my dad.

"He's bleeding!" she screamed as she ran towards him.

"I love you. Go with Six" he demanded. I bit my lip and turned around. It should be me.

"No! Not you too" she wailed in protest. My heart sunk.

"Take her!" my dad yelled. I stood, frozen as I stared at him. If I do this, I'll have witnessed both of my parents die and I don't want that. He shot the woman he had once loved for me without a thought. He's always protected me, always. I'm almost 30 and still not a day has gone by that he has not busted his ass protecting me.

Six gulped and practically dragged Claire to the edge as he still shot at the men.

"Scarlett come on!" Six yelled frantically.

"Dad" I whimpered, my bottom lip quivering.

"For Christ's sake go!" he yelled. I sobbed as I ran to the edge, leaping off right behind Claire and Six.

I gasped as I came up, I looked back up at the bridge.

"No" I whispered over and over again "if I- if I could maybe get back there fast enough I could get a clear shot," I said as I desperately swam the other way. Why did I jump? Why?

The bridge blew up and it was like my world ended.

"No! No!" Claire sobbed, thrashing around in the water. I gasped as I tried to catch my breath.

"Come on" Six pulled her along in the water. We finally reached the edge, near a boat. When we hit the land I wasted no time grabbing Claire, pulling her into a big hug.

"I-I'm sorry" I stammered, barely being able to form a full sentence. She lost the last parental figure she had, she's only 13. And I can't be there for her forever for obvious reasons.

I helped Claire into the boat. I lowered my head as I heard her sobbing.

"I'm sorry" Six mumbled as he kissed my forehead. He was hurting too, I know he is. He loved my dad.

Through the thick smoke, I could see headlights. I quickly cocked my gun.

"Stay down," Six said to Claire as we both stood up, stepping out of the boat slowly.

"I didn't mean it" I whispered and I tightened my grip on my gun. Tears still pouring down my face.

"Didn't mean what?" he asked, raising his gun.

"I could never hate you"