e p i l o g u e

After Scarlett's death, Six fell apart. He was put back in jail, handcuffed to a hospital bed. And he was stuck with nothing but his thoughts. Nothing but the constant reminder that he lost her.

He lost the woman who meant the most to him. He lost everyone, and the only person he has left seemed impossible to reach.

Impossible for just anyone, but not Six.

He had to do it, for her. Claire is the only person that Six has. And Six is the only person that Claire has.

So he broke out, he couldn't lay there a minute longer knowing he failed everyone. He lost so many people in the process of taking one guy down.

After taking Claire he didn't know where to go. But he knew that anywhere would be fine as long as they were safe.

He smirked at Claire as he drove the car he stole like an absolute maniac. He then turned to look at their new family member in the back.

A dog named Daria.

Scarlett always wanted one and this one felt perfect.

Once they got to their destination and they could both finally breathe he reached into his pocket and pulled out the crinkled wrapper. He kept the others folded into hearts. He needed more time, he felt that if he opened them now he'd be pouring salt in a wound that's bound to stay open anyways.

It only said one word but it brought back every single memory he had with her.

She took a bullet for him, she was always ready to risk everything for him.

It wasn't until he lost the thing he held closest to his heart that he realized just how true the statement is.

Time lies