Chapter 7:Agravain-ted Assault

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Y/n pov*

Waking up at the crack of dawn I get
Up and out of bed, petting Amaya I quickly get on my armor adjusting my hood so that it hides my face as well as it can before heading out.

Walking out my door I see that the troops have already taken their position, being a small town we can't make use of regular warfare tactics, at least not of this era.

So most of my battle strategies so far has been gorilla warfare with a strong frontal defense, making good use of the natural terrain as well as trenches and built cover, with a few men stationed around the town as sort of a early warning system in case we are flanked.

I'm planning on a similar defence oly with the use of heavy flanking and seperation.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts I walk through the town being Joined by Amaya, making it to the front of the formation I get onto her back, looking out from the town gate I see Agravain's forces cresting over the horizon.

Jonathan:Sir your orders?

Turning I see Jonathan at the front of the ranks, wearing considerably more armor than last night.

Y/n:We will charge Agravains army head on, the auxiliary forces will then close in from the sides and flank.

Nodding the army starts to march, single file and in a tight group, shields in front then spearmen then Swordmen and finally archers in the back...

The few cavalry that we have has been used in the flanking forces.

Shaking myself out of it i charge along with my forces, Amaya quickly taking to the sky's with a few powerful flaps from her wings.

Now getting ahead of my troops I get a proper look at Agravain's forces, and just like Jonathan said its a pretty ranged amount of soldiers, the main concern being the trebuchet's protected behind a large wall of sword-

Y/n:Crap!

Tapping Amaya she barrel rolls dodging a large incoming bolder. It seems they've seen us and have started firing, looking down I tap along Amaya's scales causing her to dive bomb towards the army.

Y/n:Amaya! Aim for the machines!

Nodding she opens her mouth before
A large stream of yellow energy emmits from her mouth destroying two of the trebuchet's and killing a good chunk of swordmen.

Swordmen x50

-100xp

Ageavain:FOCUS THE DRAGON!

Looking down I see a Knight in the back of the formation perched upon a grey stallion, his armor and helmet being pitch black greatly contrasting his light coloured Cape.

Y/n:Got ya!

Guiding down Amaya i signel her to blasy a line through the trebuchet's seperating Agravaij from his main forces, leaving him in proper command of the specialised troops, the 300 or so normal troops being sepertated by a large wall of fire.

Agravain:Regroup! Cavalry protect the archers!

He turns to one of the cavalry men grabbing him by the chest plate.

Agravain:You, ride round this wall and tell the troops to advance!

Cavalry:Yes sire!

Letting him ride off I finish off by further sepperating Agravain by burning large wall either side of his troops, nodding I smile at my handy work before flying back over to town.