xvii. bad to good to okay to worse

━━━ VVV ━━━

THE RAIN POURED as if it was a paid actor who added more drama to the situation

THE RAIN POURED as if it was a paid actor who added more drama to the situation. Like it knew when to come, which moment to appear, and what situation to intensify as the starts of the soft patter to the window became bullet-like shots to the glass panes.

Charles and Hank left as soon as they settled the blonde boy on the soft satin of her bed, so confident in the witch's abilities that they proceeded to thank her in advance and exited with subtle smiles on their faces. Also because they were sure that she would scold him enough for the rest of them to share. And 'finally!', they said. They finally found a good opportunity for the two to interact, no matter how indecent the reason to it might be.

Alex couldn't help but let his eyes wander wondrously, noticing things which he knew weren't there two days ago when he slept here. He tried to focus his attention there in hopes of tuning in less to the sharpest affliction he has ever felt.

Completely composed, Veni set off to do what she saw she needed to, neatly pushing her hair away from disturbance. She was so calm on the outside, so convincing that the chaos of her interior was masked entirely with her serene pretty face.

“Can you move?” she asked, letting the tone of concern flow freely. “You don't need to act like you can.”

Alex thought about her words, shutting his eyes tightly before nodding at her last statement. “I can. But the mark on my chest sucks ass and hurts everytime I even stretch my arms.”

Veni snorted lightheartedly, helping him shift backwards to the headboard after placing a mountain of pillows for him to relax on.

“I'll need this,” she motioned to his charred and torn shirt. “Off.”

“Well shit.” Alex cursed, racking his brain on how he might do that without hurting himself in the process by using his blistered palms and dragging the fabric on his damaged chest.

“Relax. I'm only asking you permission, not telling you to do it yourself.”

“Oh, um, yeah, go ahead.” he sheepishly willed.

Veni cleared her throat then mumbled three consecutive spells, “Diruo.” the shirt's thread work ripped at the sides, rising in the air with the different fabrics separated into parts. “Convoco.” it assembled itself again, falling softly to the bed. “Res Sarcio.” and then the hole in the middle repaired itself as if it hadn't been burned off at all.

“Neat.” Alex smiled charmingly, having observed his training top that now looked brand new, except for the part where he intentionally ripped the jacket sleeves off. “Very neat.”

“Nothing you haven't seen before.” she playfully rolled her eyes.

“And still each time feels like the first time.”