The Starconch

The summer sun was glorious that day. Its heat brought a frenzy to the city and excitement could be felt throughout every single citizen. People were finally able to enjoy a nice, heated day, the wind blowing through the streets as always in the city of windmills. Ice cold drinks were being sold on every corner of every street, kids were playing in the river surrounding Mondstadt, dogs and cats were sleeping under the shades of houses and trees and a certain duo of girls were feeling the heat right through their bones. Lumine tried her best to keep them both cool using her anemo powers to create a steady breeze, but all it did was push some more hot air on her face. They were waiting for their friends to come to meet them at the city gates so they could go to the beach just outside of the city and enjoy a nice swim in refreshing water for the day.

Lisa, Amber and Klee finally showed up and they all manifested their excitement for the day.
Klee was the most excited.
"I'm so happy Master Jean let me come with my friends today, I promised her I wouldn't play with my boom balls today !"
Lumine was still suspicious of Klee. Knowing the little girl, she probably brought another type of bomb toy in her things. She let it slide and hoped nothing would explode today. She was so cute in her little summer dress and her giant smile.
Lumine was wearing a new red summer dress she had been forcefully lent from Amber, deeming her usual dress "An abomination for this kind of weather". Their friends also adorned beautiful summer clothes resembling the one Lumine was wearing. They had packed their things in the morning and were ready to head out to sandy beach.

Upon arrival, the girls found a nice spot where not too many people had been gathered up yet and set up the place. A nice umbrella for the shade, and towels to sit on, they were comfortably prepared. Lumine decided to start off sitting in the shade with the other girls and admiring the view. From where they were, they had a stunning view of the city towering above them. They all chatted and laughed and some of their other friends came to join them. Venti and Xinyan were both adorning summer shorts and t-shirts.

" Hi Xinyan, what are you doing in Mondstadt with Venti ?" Paimon asked their friend.

" I had a concert planned for the end of the week in the city and the bard here asked if I could come early to sing some tunes with him and have a couple of drinks. And you know how sweet he is, I just couldn't say no. "

"Ahh shucks, hehe " Venti laughed the compliment off.

"We are really happy to see all of our friends here today. " Paimon said with a smile, to which Lumine shook her head in agreement with a smile of her own.

Seeing the number of people, Klee immediately saw an opportunity to invite everyone to a game of ball, where she urged everyone to take her ball. Again, knowing the kid, everyone was reluctant to even touch it.
"It goes boom when it touches the ground! Hihi !" She admitted nonchalantly.

"Didn't Jean ask you to not bring your boom ball? " Lumine said to the bomb obsessed kid.

"Oh no, I'm going to get punished aren't I? " Her eyes watered up.
Thankfully Amber stepped in to save the situation.

"Listen, Klee, your ball is very nice but I think for the safety of everyone here, let's pick another ball, ok ?" Amber said to Klee in a sweet voice, hiding the fact that her inventions were absolutely terrifying to anyone who didn't know of the little Knight's weird obsession.

"Lucky for you guys, I brought my own ball , hehe." Venti announced to the group.

"What a nice little bard you are." Lisa told Venti in a smooth tone.

There was a net placed in the sand that everyone could use so they decided to play volleyball. Venti, Amber, and Klee on one side and Xinyan, Lisa and The traveler on the other, while Paimon was the referee. They all played vigorously, both teams neck in neck in points throughout the game. The game was at its end, with only one point to be awarded to determine the winner. Lumine was ready, their team was the one to serve the ball. Lisa started the game with a powerful throw and the ball went back and forth between the teams for a few minutes.
Lumine then caught a familiar face in the corner of her eye and stopped to stare at the Harbinger. Bad idea. She received Venti's ball at an impressive speed on the side of her face, smacking her down on the sand. The other team won, but she had lost to being distracted by a boy. The initial shock of the ball hurt her face but she was completely fine after a couple of minutes and her friends rushed around her to see if she was ok.