The Fallen Star

Author's note

Hi everyone! This chapter onwards contains spoilers for the 3.2 update with traveler lore.
I've decided to include some of the new lore as it will help with the story flow for myself and make everything feel less "rushed" so to say. I just couldn't ignore the lore bomb they dropped. I don't plan on going into heavy detail, as it's really not the primary focus of my story ( I mostly just want a new region to spice things up hehe) but I wanted to add some spoiler warnings for those who wish to wait before continuing to read on.

Also, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU! Thank you for reading my story and interacting and motivating me to get better with every chapter <3. I never thought I'd be writing a fanfic that will soon be the same length as the first Harry Potter novel and it's really thanks to you guys . Ok I'm done being cheesy now.

Keep commenting and interacting, I love reading comments. They are so funny and literally the best thing ever. Ok now's enough for real. Have a good read <3 .

-----

Seeing someone you love buried underneath heaps of sadness is heartbreaking. What's worse is when you can't really do anything about it except to try and be there in everyway you can.
When Lumine came back from dragonspine, she was already feeling hurt and lost , but she was managing , as always. Paimon was doing her best to try and keep her friend's mind at ease, even going as far as suggesting starting their journey to Sumeru. Lumine gladly accepted, gave Childe a heads up and the girls started the new part of their adventure.

After living through a dream loop and meeting Lesser Lord Kusenali, also known as Nahida, the pair ran into the second fatui harbinger Childe had warned them about. Lumine and Paimon formed an unlikely team with their new friends in Sumeru and took down the false god Scaramouche had made himself to be. The balladeer was placed in Nahida's care, Sumeru was under Nahida's rule and the traveler had earned the title of first sage of Buer. Lumine had saved yet another nation, while Nahida had given away the electo and dendro Gnosis to the doctor.

"I have information on your twin sibling." The goddess revealed to Lumine.

Lumine at that moment was not very happy about her brother, enough so that she didn't even ask in the first place for that information. But come what may, Nahida knew Lumine was in search of answers her brother could never give her himself. So she listened while the God revealed to her the most mind-boggling knowledge she could have never imagined herself.

She was a descender , the fourth descender of this world to be precise, while her twin, her brother with whom she had traversed worlds with, was classified as being a part of this one. How could that be? Even if Irminsul was tampered with , and someone was deliberately hiding her twins fate, all of this information was a punch to the face for Paimon's friend. Had her own memories been modified when she was stopped by the sustainer of heavenly principles? What force of nature had the kind of power to modify someone's fate and their entire existence?
It was all to much for her at that moment, and that was when things took a turn of true sadness for Lumine.

The next step of their journey now being Fontaine, Lumine was definitely not ready to embark on another adventure of sorts anytime soon. She told Paimon that she needed time to relax , take her mind off of her brother and her dabbles with destiny.

Lumine rented out a room for a while in Port Ormos.
The first night after saving Sumeru, Lumine cried in Paimon's arms. She cried her heart out so much Paimon thought she was going to cry out all the water in her body.