The Heart And The Soul

As the afternoon went on, the girls took their leave from the cathedral grounds and somehow ended up making arts and crafts with Klee. The art being bomb models and the crafts were... well, her bombs. She had convinced them to join her in her atelier when they were heading back to their room, and since they didn't really have anything better to do as Lumine waited for nightfall, they agreed to keep the little girl company. She was very pleased to have friends play with her, as Diona was busy at the cat's tail and Benett was on an adventure somewhere with Razor.

She showed them her newest creations with so much pride and joy that anyone would be happy for her. They tinkered toghether all afternoon, and even Albedo made a surprise appearance by coming over to the city to check up on her sister from another mother. He gave the traveler some potions to help them on their adventures and brought some raw materials from dragon's spine for Klee. Excited as ever, she ran off to somewhere unknown to the traveler and left them in Albedo's company.

"How have you both been ?"

"We've been pretty busy to be honest." Paimon answered.

"Ah, I'm not surprised. It seems everyone in Teyvat needs their share of the Traveler's help these days." He said with his always calm and collected way of speaking.

"And you?" Lumine inquired.

"I've been painting a lot recently. If you were talking about my research, I haven't made any new breakthroughs yet."

"That's a shame. You'll probably make some progress soon though. You are the best alchemist in Mondstadt for a reason!" Paimon cheered.

He politely laughed at Paimon's comment.

"Thank you. I must admit that I've crossed paths recently with someone who reminded me very much of you. Do you also have an alternate version of yourself running around trying to take your place ?" He questionned seriously.

"No Albedo. I don't have an evil doppelganger made from chalk. Though, I do have a twin brother." She said, her body became uneasy, hoping for more information.

"Ah I see, he did not seem to wish me harm, although he was acting suspiciously when I crossed paths with him on the mountain." He said, pensive.

"Did he say anything to you? Do you know where he went ?" She asked, clearly anxious to hear his next words.

"I'm sorry, I did not speak to him, nor did I take the time to follow him. I haven't crossed paths with him again either. Would I have known he was your sibling, I would have investigated more." He said, a hint of sadness in his eyes. It became more obvious as the Traveler's own tense body slightly slumped in disappointment.

"Oh. No worries, I understand. It's just I've been looking for him for so long now, I thought maybe... nevermind. It won't change anything now." She said as she picked at the skin around her neck.

"Do you wish for me to capture him if I see him again?"

"Um, I would rather you not put your life in danger. Please don't do that." She said in a concerned voice. Albedo was powerful, but he didn't have an abyss army at his fingertips either. It was best not to attempt anything rash.

"Mmm. I understand. I have to go now. Goodbye." He said as he ran off from where he came from.

"Bye ?" Paimon yelled , confused.

The two looked at eachother, trying to understand the information bomb that Albedo had dropped on them concerning her brother , and his bizarre and sudden departure.

"Do you want to follow him, go look for your brother ?" Paimon asked from all the goodness in her heart.

"I honestly don't think I would find anything other than ice and mysteries. Besides, I won't miss out on my date tonight to go out on Dragonspine for nothing." Lumine said, trying to hide her own sadness.