The Simplicity Of Love

It was peculiar how love truly did heal open wounds. As Ajax left her that morning with a kiss on the cheek and a soft "I love you" to her ear, she started imagining a way out of the sinkhole she had been digging herself into recently.

It would be an arduous task to get herself up and running as before, and Lumine knew she wouldn't get better in a day, but being surrounded by people who cared for her, who chose to be by her side was a step in the right direction. She loved Ajax in a way that was hard to explain, but it felt like a soothing balm on a sore heart. It was as easy as breathing. It flowed like a gentle stream down a mountain. It was like sitting down next to a warm fire on a cold winter night.

She loved how clumsy he was in his sentiments, how he tried his best to be there for her. He made everything so simple, yet never minimised her feelings. He chose to be by her side, no matter the risks, and that was enough for her to know he truly loved her back. This relationship was as new to him as it was to her , and they were both experiencing these new things, new feelings , together.

As he walked out the door to go back to his job one afternoon, she found a way to appreciate him even more. How he made her realize that she was not just a shade of her brother, that she was her own person , with her own feelings and her own life. Even if it was not was she had planned out , it was the life she had right now, and she had to make the most of it with the people who wanted to be there by her side. She still wanted to look for Aether, try to shake some sense into him, but she did not want to sacrifice her happiness for him anymore.

She also took the time to talk to Paimon , who was always the best listener and friend she could ask for.

As she began a new journey of healing, she started seeing Ajax a lot more than usual. She wanted to stay put in Sumeru for the time being, all while perfecting her dendro wielding and just taking time off from her journey. As for Ajax , he seemed to be sticking around alot more himself. -

"They sent me here to keep tabs on Scaramouche and help out Dottore in whatever he's doing , but I end up doing nothing all day. The doctor does his stuff on his own and I watch that green Child-God take care of the balladeer while he's in a coma. It's boring and I would much rather watch you in your sleep , hehe ~ " He said languidly.

"I can now add stalker tendencies to your long list of red flags that I choose to ignore. " She said with a smirk.

"Oh no, you've got me all wrong, you're just much more pretty to look at. I can touch you and kiss you and do many, many more things to you , my love-" He said as he pecked at her neck with his lips, his hot tongue tickling the sensitive skin. She laughed sofltly.

"It's a shame you have to go back to work, then." She teased, brushing her hands on his stomach as they laid toghether in a grass field.

"Mmm, it really is." He sighed as he stroked his hand on her cheek, his eyes half closed as he delved into a shared stare. He kept on brushing her cheek and slowly closed his eyes as he slipped into sleep, the green grass of the Avidya forest molded against his ginger hair, a stark contrast for Lumine's eyes.

"Tartaglia." She said as she brushed his hair with her fingers.

"Mmh?" He hummed , his sleepy voice and closed eyes indicating he was as confortable as ever.

"You're sleeping again." She said.

He passed his arm over her waist and laid his head next to hers.

"I know." He mumbled as he glided his hand back and forth.

"Then you know you actually have to go to work and stop living in denial." She said as she poked his cheeks.