The Wound

A subtle mechanical sound was heard and the pair turned around to meet fatui soldiers holding their weapons toward them.

"Target acquired," The big captain said.

"What are you doing here soldiers? Stand down. I won't ask twice." The harbinger said in a cold tone.

"My Apologies, but our orders come from higher up, sir." Said the thin foot soldier.

"What do you mean your orders come from higher up? I am higher up! Stand the fuck down or I will make you stand down." Childe yelled to the soldiers. Lumine took out her sword, ready to fight off the foes who didn't seem to listen to Childe. She's so beautiful with that sword.

The fatui soldiers simply nodded their heads and stepped back. But it wasn't in compliance. Before they both could understand what was happening, a gunshot was heard and Lumine yelled in agony. Someone had shot her from behind and her stomach glowed red with blood as she fell to her knees and on the ground. Childe was now filled with uncontrollable rage. He first took out his bow at a never before seen speed that he aimed toward where the bullet came from. He spotted his target in seconds and shot his arrow straight through his eye. The dead man fell down his tree and Childe switched to his hydro sword to finish his new mission. Kill them immediately.

The simple soldiers were no match for the bloodthirsty Tartaglia. His killer instincts had taken over the second she was hurt. No one gets to hurt her without repercussions. It was humiliating for him to be disobeyed by low-ranking officers. It was devasting to see the woman he cared for being hurt. It was maddening that he couldn't protect her from harm. Pathetic that they didn't give her a chance to put up a fight that she would have easily won. They played cowardly and sneaky, and he would make them pay. He didn't understand from which one of the harbingers the order came, but he intended on finding out soon. They too will meet my blade. He needed to get her to safety first, make sure she was ok. Protect her at all costs.

He jumped in front of the fatui soldier who had started to run away and slashed their stomachs open with a swift motion of his sword. Blood splattered on his clothes as their organs fell out of their body and they crashed to the ground. Beautiful. Vengeance, even if they were only responding to orders, was a beautiful thing. And he wouldn't stop there, that's for sure. For now, anyway, he needed her safe. He dashed towards the gravely wounded traveler who was breathing heavily, holding her wound with her hands, gasping for air through the pain. The wound was deep and passed through major organs of the body. It wasn't looking good at all.

"Lumine! Hold on! I got you."

As much as Childe loved to spill the blood of his enemies, he couldn't bear to see her in agony. It's as if he felt her pain when her eyes looked at him for comfort. He picked up her head to help her breathe. She looked at him with so much despair, and fear, for help and comfort. I need to think fast. Her wound was bleeding rapidly, and the colour in her face was draining at every breath. Childe may have been strong on his own, but he wasn't stupid enough to think they would make it to the cathedral in Mondstadt with his strength alone. He would have to use foul legacy again. He knew it could kill him this time, he had been abusing its power recently and to use it again was to tempt the fates. Although, he didn't seem to have another choice. It would get her help at least, and he, well, he knew he promised himself he wouldn't die until the very end, but he would do it for her life. He stroked her cheek, let go of her head, and backed away to complete his transformation. As soon as his armor was ready. He scooped her back up and started running as fast as he could toward the city of freedom.

"I've got you, comrade, I've got you. We're gonna make it." He cried out in a robotic voice. Lumine weakly held on to his neck with one arm, while the other rested on herself, her gloves soaking up the blood that kept leaking out of her body. Tears had started running down her face.